Chapter 15 - Dreams

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Xiao Tian's train of thoughts halted immediately when he saw Bai Feng slumped over under Zi Shi's mercy. "Get away... HeiLi..." warned the informant as he slipped in and out of consciousness. On that night, as the assassin took care of the poisoned cedar-haired beauty, the two shared a kiss for the first time.

In this chapter, we will finally delve into more details about the ever-so-important Jade Pendant~

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

In an extensive study decorated with lavish furnishing, two men were discussing quietly.

"Tsk. Sending people to get rid of him didn't even work. What makes you think they'll be able to bring him here alive?" grumbled a middle-aged man.

"Bai Feng doesn't bother us in any way, so I don't see a need for us to get rid of him.. Won't it be more beneficial if we—"

"Don't even speak his name in this house.." the older man tapped at his armrest impatiently.

The younger male kept his silence and excused himself, avoiding showing any negative emotions towards his own father. As he closed the door behind him, an attendant slipped him a small piece of paper.

The young master recently was poisoned but is currently recovering. The masked man has been by his side from time to time but he has not shown any malicious gestures. Please rest assured.

The young man frowned but sighed in relief. Right after reading the report he immediately burned the paper, leaving no trace of evidence behind.

Who is this masked man I've been reading about in the letters? I should really pay Bai Feng a visit.. Thought the ivory robe-cladded man.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"What's so difficult about getting rid of a weakling like him? I thought you had the best people in line?" a man cladded in ivory robes questioned, as he barged into the organization boss' room.

"It is indeed unusual, he shouldn't have been able to stay alive with my men targeting him. Is there something you're not telling me?" asked the dark-dressed man.

"Why would I hide anything?! He's even sickly as a child, I don't understand how this is even difficult!" yelled the agitated middle-aged man.

"Well, then again it won't be fun if we kill him right away." said the veteran assassin.

"I paid you generously to assassinate him, so you better do it. Unless you're a scam all along" taunted the arrogant noble.

"Ah? It's been a while since I heard this term.. Unfortunately, the last person who told me this died a painful death." The boss is now pissed at the condescending attitude of the noble.

"J-Just figure out how to get rid of him!"

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"HeiLi don't you have missions to do?" Bai Feng asked, feeling bored resting in his room for days..

"I do. Focus on recovering so you can rejoin." said the assassin

"I feel like the moment I rejoin I'd be a sitting duck. Oh! Why don't we spar? I need practice. Besides, you're bored right?" proposed the informant.