Chapter 21 - Point of no return

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Zi Shi noticed some major changes in his junior and decided to confront him about it. Xiao Tian who never failed to kill a target before, for some reason, is unable to assassinate Bai Feng. The jade-eyed man for the first time in his life is getting distracted and the purple-haired assassin isn't happy about it.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Zi Shi has been dragging his junior around the other side of the market where weapons and more dangerous items are bought and sold. From getting ingredients for his poisons to buying spare weapons, the senior assassin always prepares for the worst-case scenario.

"You sure you don't need anything?" the purple-haired assassin cocked his eyebrow as the two browsed through the weapon shop.

Xiao Tian didn't even respond before he suddenly stopped in his tracks.

"Oi! A little warning next time.." the gray-eyed assassin complained as he bumped into his junior's back.

"Why is this in a weapon shop?" the short-haired man questioned the store owner, holding a beautiful piece of anklet.

"Ah, I bought it while I was on a journey outside of the country. I've been waiting to see who will be its next holder. You interested young lad?" the shop owner smirked.

"How much for it?" the emerald-eyed assassin walked towards the merchant leaving Zi Shi lost in his own thoughts.

HeiLi buying an anklet? For what? The purple-haired assassin thought.

Xiao Tian rarely buys things that aren't useful for him. So for him to purchase an anklet..

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

As days passed, the assassin quickly learned that:

The bunny would approach the assassin every time he called out "Xiao Bai". Maybe it thinks that the assassin granted it that name. And it will not approach Xiao Tian if he has his mask on.

"Xiao Bai, time for dinner" the assassin called out as he took off his mask. Soon after, the bunny hopped to his side, munching happily on hay.

Once the rabbit was done, Xiao Tian cradled the adorable fluff in his arms.

"Warm.." the assassin nuzzled into the bunny's soft fur. Oh right.. Xiao Tian suddenly pulled out a beautiful platinum-colored anklet and showed it to the bunny.

"Does it look nice?" the emerald-eyed assassin set down the bunny and placed the anklet in front of it.

The rabbit approached the jewelry and sniffed it. Realizing it was not food, it quickly hopped away in disinterest.

"Why you.." the assassin suddenly has a mischievous idea in mind to get back at the rabbit.

He crushed some red bayberries between his fingers and stained the bunny's cheeks with the juice. Of course, the rabbit immediately tried to clean itself, rubbing its paws onto its face in irritation. Yet the assassin caught both of its paws, causing the adorable creature to kick him repeatedly in annoyance. But when Xiao Tian stared at the angry bunny, he realized that it reminded him of a certain someone causing him to click his tongue.

Xiao Tian finally crossed a point of no return, he technically assassinated Bai Feng that night even though he spared the informant's life at the last second.