Chapter 19 - Mission Complete

Chapter Notes:

Recap: No matter how much Zi Shi tries to win Xiao Tian's heart, his junior would always respond coldly. But how come a mere stranger who he just met a few months back could.. Though the purple-haired assassin didn't worry too much.

For at the end of the day, that man is Xiao Tian's target.

It won't be long before he too, disappears.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

The most frightening thing about Xiao Tian is not just his prowess.

But it's the fact that he is extremely unpredictable.

Not a soul can read those jade eyes. Not even his partner Zi Shi who had stayed beside him for more than a decade. Who would have thought, the short-haired assassin who went on festivals with Bai Feng, the same man who treated the informant's wounds ever so gently, would suddenly turn hostile once more?

"Stop fooling around and finish your target. Is this target beyond your capabilities, yěmāo*?" the tan-skinned assassin's tone was definitely malicious.
*means stray cat

"You are the supposed harbinger of death. Remember the moment you cease to be useful in my eyes.. With a flick of a finger, I could easily make an insignificant life as you perish." those steel-colored eyes were filled with fury.

Xiao Tian holds no fear of people. However, the assassin's leader is a whole different case. Besides, he does owe his life to the man.

I'm the one in control of your life.

Is the one sentence the jade-eyed assassin had burnt into his soul.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Leaping from one rooftop to another, the onyx-haired assassin lasered his focus towards his goal. Mercilessly he takes down guards in order to lure his target.

Arriving at his destination, Xiao Tian saw the cedar-haired man standing alone in the courtyard.

"Is this the end of our contract?" those beautiful golden orbs were glazed with a hint of sorrow.

"It'll just take one strike," the assassin said calmly.

"As if I'll go down that easily" the informant hissed back as the two prepared their stances.

Xiao Tian clicked his tongue. Because even in this grim situation, his vision had beautiful colors in them.

Will these faint hues fade too once the informant is gone?

Sadly, the assassin doesn't have the luxury to even think of another option. He was tasked to eliminate Bai Feng and he must succeed. Exchanging no further words, their weapons clashed rapidly as the assassin began to attack the cedar-haired beauty.

"You seem to be more determined this time Xiao Bai" the onyx-haired assassin made an off-hand comment as he grazed the informant's arm, watching as his white robes slowly stained red.