Chapter 8 - HeiLi

Chapter Notes:

Recap: "This is only me repaying you for helping me last time.." the cedar-haired man muttered as he continued to tend to the assassin's wounds. "Xiao Bai.." Xiao Tian whispered as he gently brushed Bai Feng's cedar-colored hair back.

Did he just gave me a nickname?

Incoming fluff but tension is still in the air~

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"I know you're there, come out now.." cooed the cedar-haired man as he brought a dish of shredded fish to an alley just right outside his manor.

A black cat soon appeared from the shadows, hesitantly approaching the informant before nibbling on the fish.

"Take your time, no one's taking your food." Bai Feng pets the stray cat gently. The golden-eyed man then carefully inspected the feline before sighing in relief.

Bai Feng remembered the first time he found this black cat. The informant was about to go out for the day when he saw a bunch of children huddled in a circle. The stoic man paid no mind to the kids but then he heard a pained yowl.

"What are you guys doing?" Bai Feng asked, approaching the children.

The kids bolted away from the alley the moment they recognized the golden-eyed beauty, leaving the injured black cat behind.

"You're hurt.." Bai Feng crouched down to pick up the cat but it scratched the cedar-haired man while hissing in pain.

"I won't hurt you I promise" the long-haired beauty let the cat familiarize itself with his scent before gently rubbing the cat's chin and picking it up once again. Bai Feng then brought the cat into his room and nursed it to health.

Since then, the golden-eyed man always made sure to check up on the feline, feeding it, playing with it, and sometimes even talking to it, despite Bai Feng being fully aware that the cat couldn't understand him.

The informant found comfort in spending time with this adorable feline. They are definitely similar in the sense that they are both hated due to rumors and beliefs.

Once it was done eating, the black cat purred and rubbed its head on Bai Feng's palm.

"Are you full? I'll be back again tomorrow then, take care now.." the golden-eyed beauty gently stroked its cheek and left.

Unbeknownst to the informant, a certain assassin was observing him all this time. Once the golden-eyed man was nowhere in sight, Xiao Tian leaped off the rooftop and picked up the black cat.

"So he does have a soft spot hmm~ Don't you think Xiao Bai is cute?" the assassin gently scratched the cat's chin and it purred in his arms.

"But you're getting heavier.. Isn't he spoiling you too much?" but the cat just meowed haughtily as it leaped off the assassin's hold.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Xiao Tian would continue his unsolicited visits to the point that Bai Feng just gives up on chasing him out. Until one time, as the informant was about to go brew some tea, he saw a dark figure in his peripheral vision. Instinctively, the golden-eyed man unsheathed his sword but a hand firmly caught his wrist.