chapter 8

Stephanie's POV-

As I walk into the house, i see my mom being held back by Kaitlyn and my stepdad.

"What's happening?" I ask confused, and once I shut the door they let go of her.

"Why did I have to find out by my granddaughter that my daughter was taking to her soulmate outside and I wasnt invited." She says walking towards me arms crossed.

"Riley grassed" I hear Kaitlyn say from behind mom.

"Mama I just found out today! I was gonna tell you at dinner!" She looks at me both slowly nodding.

"But if she was outside and Kaitlyn got to meet her why didn't the person that gave you life get to meet her."

I was about to reply when she stopped me.

"And do not say your normal reply of 'I didnt ask to be born'" she says glaring at me.

"Mama, come on I told you this while I was holding you back I forced her to introduce me" Kaitlyn says trying to help.

"Mama come on! What do you want me to do? Run down the street and say 'babe, my mum wants to meet you. I know we haven't even been on a single date and I just found out about us but come meet the person that gave me life?" I say  sarcastically.

"Yes" mom says making me freeze.

"What, I cant do that! Dad, tell her!" I say turning to the man who helped raise me even if he didn't have to.

"Sweetie, she was going to tell us and they just met. I'm sure we'll meet the young lady when their ready." He says wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Fine, but next time shes outside I want to meet her!" She says looking at me sternly.

I nod quickly, before throwing myself into her arms.

"I'm happy you found your soulmate baby girl."

"Can we like eat now?" Kaitlyn says, joining in our hug.

"The foods not ready yet, so you entertain your kids and you steph are going to come and tell me about your soulmate while I cook." As soon as she says that we all go do as we're told.

I walk to the kitchen with mom before remembering how cold the house is.

After a moment I remember that I didn't need that jumper anyway. Mom and dads house is massive, there I'd enough space that we all have our own room even though we dont live here anymore.

"Mama, I'll he right back I'm gonna grab a jumper from my room. I gave mine to lizzie." I say and run to my room before she can say anything.

Once I get to my childhood bedroom, I look around to see most of my teen years surrounding me.

I smile before going to my closet and looking through my clothes, realising that I didn't have to buy new unraveling clothe as I had a bunch here

Growing up my dad was super protective of me and Kaitlyn.

He may be our step dad but he raised us as his own.

He is my moms soulmate,  she and my bio 'dad' were together for 15 years and they knew they weren't soulmates but made a life together as they had Kaitlyn when they where 18, and then 14 years later they had me.

A year after I was born my spermdoner found his soulmate and completely left us. I've only seen him 2 since then. The first time was my 13th birthday he and his soulmate came as she convinced him that I was his daughter and he should try with me as it was only fair. He was in Kaitlyn's life until she was 15.

And the second time was my 16th when she invited me around for dinner and I had to sit there in awkward silence with him while she cooked dinner.

I'm still in touch with my 'step mom' but I told her I dont want Peter in my life (bio dad). She completely understood and doesn't blame me saying she would of done the same.

I have 2 little sisters that are 15 and 10 that I see alot when Peter's at work, we are really close and I live them with all my heart.

Kaitlyn is the exact same as me. We are in contact with holly and our sisters but not Peter.

But when I was 4, mom met my dad and they were soulmates. He took me and Kaitlyn under his wing as his own daughters.

We both started calling him dad when I was 5 and Kaitlyn was 19. Yes she was to old but he was more than a dad then Peter was to her.

I finally find a jumper that is perfect for right now. Smiling I pull it over my head and turn to look in the mirror.

Suddenly theres a knock and my door, the people that knocked opened the door to reveal my dad

I smile lightly at him before going over to give him a hug as I still haven't.

"Hey sweetie, I just wanted to know if you were staying the night. I know you have work but the school Is close by and you have clothes here." He asks while playing with my hair while my head is leaning against his chest.

"Is there gonna be a movie night?" I ask pulling away and looking up at him.

"Ofcourse! And me and you can sneak out and by aloud of chocolate and not share with anyone!" He says laughing lightly.

"Okay, then I'll stay dad." He smiles at my answer before kissing the top of my head and leaving my room with me following close behind.

Most people could say I'm a daddy's girl, and  I would not agree I'm also really  close to my mom, we are just a close family.

As I turn into the kitchen, mom turns and looks at me.

"Its not even that cold you drama queen." She says rolling her eyes and laughing.

"Whatever, now pass me the cake batter spoon." I say knowing she would keep it for me, even though I'm 21. I love licking the leftover cake mix on the spoon.

She passes it to me before going onto questioning me about lizzie.

I told her how we met, how I found out about us being soulmates and how we are hanging out tomorrow night.

-------------
After dinner and the movie, I'm sitting in my room texting lizzie.

And as I'm about to reply to a text from her, her name pops up on my phone.

Smiling I answer, and her beautiful face pops up on my phone screen.

"Sorry i just wanted to see and hear your voice.." she says shyly making me giggle and blush.

"Its okay, I'm gonna have to be quite though as I'm staying at my parents for the night and my neices room is right next door."

And that's how I spent the rest of my night.
Talking to my beautiful soulmate.

_____________
1181 words