Chapter 17

"𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟 𝕚𝕕𝕚𝕠𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕪 𝕥𝕨𝕚𝕟"  "𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕞𝕓 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕪 𝕥𝕨𝕚𝕟"

____________________________________

"𝘿𝙖𝙙 𝙨𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙪𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙥𝙪𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙙𝙤𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣" Layla reminded her twin, moving to sit on the couch that was farthest from him in case he blows something up again.

"Well, dad can mind his own business" mumbled Anthony as he fiddled with his bomb, "besides, It would be nice not to live with you anymore"

"I don't understand your fascination with explosives," Layla said, completely ignoring what he had said previously. The way he looked so passionate about bombs confused her as everything he wants to accomplish can be done with a spell. He put so much time into it but for what? That's what she wanted to know.

" that's because you're dumb-" *BOOM*.

"..."

"..."

" So who's the dumb one now?" Asked Layla with a triumphant smirk as she looked at her panicked twin.

"Oh shut up," said Anthony under his breath as he tried to fix the burnt furniture with no luck "how the hell am I going to explain this? "

"Aliens?"

".... Aliens"

~~~

"So who wants to tell me what happened to the living room?" questioned Stefan, pacing in front of his youngest (Layla, Anthony, Vera, and Levi ) children knowing that it was one of them.

"Ooh, you guys are in trouble" Vera laughed out, looking at the twins' guilty faces.

"Opps" the twins gasped in perfect unison, facial expressions mirroring each other as Stefanʼs hard stare landed on them.

~~~

Anthony, to no ones surprise, was grounded and sent to his room to reflect on his mistakes. He wasn't allowed to leave his room for the rest of the week unless it was for school or an emergency, all his food would be brought up to him and he had a bathroom attached to his bedroom. He also wasn't allowed to play around with his twin sister, Layla because his father said all they did was cause trouble when they were together.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Can I come?"

Even before mother's voice rang through the otherwise quiet room, he knew she was there thanks to his supernatural senses and he was already dreading their talk. He know that his father had most likely told her what happened and he was scared that he had disappointed her.

He hesitated only a moment more before stuttering out a reply, "S-sure co... Come in."

He quickly sat up on his bed as his mother came into the room. Anthony immediately felt bad about having caused trouble when he noticed how tired she was. He knew recently she was feeling down because of the quadruplets father who kept following her around and bothering her nonstop and here he was adding to her plate. Not only did she have to worry about that man, but she also had to take care of his younger siblings, make sure his older siblings are alright with their half-sister going to school with them, and she also had to look out for all the other kids at school so she didn't need him causing problems.

"Hey sweetheart your father told me it was you who exploded the couch in the living room," the redhead's mother said as she sat down next to her dejected son. "You know you're not supposed to play with bombs in the house"

Anthony couldn't look at his mother as he apologized, too scared to see her expression, 'wound she be mad or worse, disappointed?'

Cassiopeia gazed at her son's downcast face for a second before springing up off the bed, pulling him with her, "Let's see about finding somewhere you can do it without destroying anything." She smiled as her son for the first time since she got there finally looked at her.

Anthony's face perked up as his mom dragged him out of his room, completely disregarding the fact that he was grounded. "Hey... can... can we also... bring Layla," he whispered embarrassingly as he glanced over to his twin sister's room, "not that I want her company or anything, it's just that I'm sure she would also like to spend time with you and I don't want to hog all your free time when I know she wanted to see you. See I don't really want her here or anything don't get the wrong idea. I-" he rambled on and on until his sister's door opened and she stepped out.

"Mom" Layla yelled as she threw herself at the older redhead, cuddling into her mother's arms. She pulled her twin into the hug as Cassiopeia laughed and wrapped her arms around both of them. "It's been sooooo long since I saw you"

Cassiopeia smiled, releasing them both from her hold and instead grabbed their hands " I saw you at lunch when you surprise me in my office, I filled in for your vampire teacher since he got decapitated, and I just saw you at dinner about an hour ago"

"Ya but dinner was so long ago" the younger redheaded girl whined playfully "and all of the other stuff doesn't matter because it was at school"

"Okay, I'm sorry we haven't seen enough of each other but I'm sure once everything calms down we'll see so much of each other that you'll get tired of me," the mother said as they walked down the stairs, and out the back door, towards the backyard. She pulled them until they were in front of their old playhouse but Neither twin noticed.

"Promise?" this time both twins pleaded as they gazed up at their mother with the same puppy eyes that always got her.

"I promise" she answered honestly as she let go of their hands and put them on either side of the old playhouse and chanted spell so quietly neither of her two companions heard her. Right as she finished, the old and falling apart playhouse transformed into a big shed. without missing a beat she went inside followed by her two little children.

Inside it was set up like a workshop. It had blueprints and scraps of bombs that had been taken apart. It had jars of vervain and wolfsbane. It had chains and bullet capsules. instead of just giving him a place where he could safely build a bomb, she gave him a whole workshop to work in. The real reason he was interested in bombs in the first place was that his magic was weak and he hadn't unlocked his vampire side and he didn't have anything to defend his family with but one day his uncle Jeremy came to visit and had shown him all of his weapons. He realize there were other ways, other things he could use to protect them.

"Thank you mom"