The ball part 4

"I guess you can say I know what it's like when people think you're an abomination just because of what you are

"I guess you can say I know what it's like when people think you're an abomination just because of what you are."
______________________

Small A/N

I was going to end the flashback to the Mikaelsons' ball with the last chapter but thanks to Musicluvs1226 and the comment they left the last chapter, I decided to make one last chapter to wrap this up nicely. This chapter takes inspiration from Musicluvs1226 comment and so I would like to dedicate it to them.

Without any of the witches in the ballroom noticing, Cassiopeia cast an illusion spell over everyone, making it seem like all the Mikaelsons drank the champagne when in reality only Finn did. Although she didn't want to get involved more than this, Kol and Elijah refused to let her go her separate way.

Kol pulled her up to his room while his mother and oldest brother said goodbye to the guest while the rest of his siblings pretended to go to their own rooms, waiting for Finn and Esther to go to sleep before joining Kol and her.

The redhead warlock awkwardly sat on the original vampire's bed, not sure what to do. She didn't regret telling them about their mother's plan but part of her felt like she was betraying Elena since the doppelgänger had agreed to work with Esther.

Cassiopeia glanced up when she noticed Elijah leaning over her with a somewhat cold look in his calculative eyes. A shiver ran down her spine as she locked eyes with him, fear running through her veins as he looked down at her like she was some sort of prey.

Finally, after minutes of silence, he spoke up, "Why did you help us?"

"It wouldn't have felt right to not do anything when I knew what was going to happen." She answered honestly, biting her bottom lip when she felt the multiple eyes of the Mikaelsons' siblings on her.

Elijah hummed as if he was satisfied with her response, "I suppose that would be your line of thinking, out of all of Elena's friends, you always were the most moral."

Cassiopeia tilted her head at his words but before she could say anything, Rebekah spoke up from where she was leaning against the wall a little way from them, "Enough with the moral talk. Our mother just tried to kill us so coming up with a plan seems a little bit more important than that."

Taking this as her chance to leave, Cassiopeia got up from the comfortable bed and smiled awkwardly, "This feels more like a family matter so I'm just going to go..."