chapter 24

"𝕃𝕚𝕗𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕒 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕣𝕪 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕖. 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕒 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕖 𝕒𝕥 𝕞𝕚𝕕𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥, 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕕𝕣𝕦𝕟𝕜"
_________________________________________

"Shut up" muttered Cora as she hit the back of Leo's head. She was getting pretty tired of him and his bullshit. He would not stop talking and she just wanted him to be quiet for a second so that she could think about what happened. " you talk too much"

"You talked just as much as I did and you were the one who kept arguing with me," Leo said while rubbing his head. 'She was the one who was in a bad mood the whole time and kept snapping at me'

" We get it. You're both incredibly annoying and always force me into listening to you guys constantly babel"

"Oh don't you start, you were all grumpy and you keep muttering insults under your breath"

"don't go around pretending you're any better than us when last I checked you didn't hesitate to start a fight with that dumbass earlier"

" yeah you were yelling at my dumbass- hey my I'm not a dumbass"

"Yes you are"

"No, I'm not"

"Yes you are"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"No"

"Yes"

" ha, I got you, you son of a b-" "okay that's enough just go to your respective rooms, we'll deal with this later" Stefan stated, glaring at the three of them as if to dare them to argue with him.

They quickly ran up the stairs to their rooms, not wanting to get in even more trouble. Hopefully, if they behaved, they wouldn't get in as much trouble as they thought they were going to be in.

"Honestly, what am I gonna do with them " mumbled Stefan, moving to sit down and pour himself a glass of Bourbon.

~~~

When Cassiopeia came home along with a worried Cleo, it was time to talk. Stefan called Cora, Elliot, and Leonidas while sending the rest of the kids to their rooms.

"Okay now tell us what happened," Cassiopeia demanded softly so as to not upset the four of them who looked close to breaking. So far all she and her husband knew was that three of their kids had been arrested for assault but they all claimed to have not done it.

Elliot spoke up first, "we were going to the Mystic Grill for lunch and we were talking when suddenly this guy comes and he grabs Cleo's wrist."

"Yeah, he grabbed her wrists and started to say a bunch of weird things like, how he had heard a lot about her, how he was super curious if she was as smart as people said, and then he asked her if she had heard of him" Leo continued quickly, not giving his parents a chance to ask questions as he stared down at his shoes. He wanted to get this story over with so his father wouldn't look at them with what he was sure were disappointed eyes. He could only imagine the look on his face when he got the call from the cops and how disappointed he must have been.

"It's okay" the mother whispered as she grabbed her son's shaking hand and held it close to her, smiling at him to calm his jitters. She reached her unoccupied hand out to guide his face until he was facing his father's kind eyes that showed how concerned he was over his kids. No disappointment in sight. "Cleo please continue for him"

"Ok" Cleo agreed "He was strong, unnaturally strong. I tried to pull away but I couldn't. He smells like a hybrid but there was something else. Something just doesn't make sense about it. He was stronger than ordinary hybrids, he was stronger than me"

"How is that possible?" questioned Stefan. As tribrid, the quadruple were one of the strongest people in the world, even though they haven't unlocked their vampire side, not just anyone could hold them down.

"I don't know" replied Cora. "When he finally let her go that's when I punched him once but all these other bruises started appearing on his skin and that's when the police showed up and arrested"

"Are you hurt?" Cassiopeia asked Cleo as she examined her from head to toe but she didn't see anything.

"No, I'm not hurt" she lied as she held her wrist tightly.