The ball part 2

"𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕓𝕣𝕠𝕜𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕦𝕝"
________________________________________

" 𝙃𝙚𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙮, 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙜𝙤," pleaded Cassiopeia, trying and failing to get her hand back out of the original vampire's hold, "I don't want to go over there."

Cassiopeia just wanted to find her friends and try to have a good time at this stupid party but instead, she's stuck with an annoying original vampire who wouldn't stop dragging her around. She was mostly fine with it, seeing as he was surprisingly funny, that was until he decided to walk towards Damon (and the mayor), who was the last person she wanted to see tonight.

"Mayor Lockwood. We haven't formally met, I'm Kol Mikaelson. I hope your lovely town embraces us as much as we plan to embrace it." Kol says with a charming smirk that clearly meant he was up to no good. Kol kept a tight hold on Cassiopeia's hand when he noticed the way the younger vampire was looking at it. He smirked and pulled her closer, keeping eye contact with him. 

The mayor just smiled and left to talk to other guests.

"Damon Salvatore. Have we met?" Damon introduced himself while offering his hand, trying to make somewhat of a good impression on the older vampire.

"I've met a lot of people and you don't particularly stand out." offhandedly insulted Kol, not really paying much attention towards the oldest Salvatore brother as he played with the red head's fingers that he refused to let go of.

Hearing this cause Cassiopeia to laughter louder than she had in a while which in turn made Kol's smirk grow wider. If the insult had been directed at anyone else, she probably wouldn't have laughed but seeing as it was her cocky ex-boyfriend the original vampire was making fun of, she figured she was allowed a pass.

~~~~

"May I have this dance, Miss Cassiopeia? " Joked Kol with a smirk as he felt both Damon and his older brother's glare directed at him and held his hand out to the redhead girl who had captured his attention and refused to let it go.

"Yes of course Mister Kol," Cassidy giggled at his playful formal act, placing her hand into his, "I'm surprised you beat Klaus; I was sure he was going to be the first to ask me to dance."

" Let's just say I have my ways." revealed Kol, puffing out his chest in pride, thinking about how he pushes his older brother down the stairs to get to the redhead beauty first. 

"Oh, how mysterious." joked the redhead, smiling brightly at the male in front of her as he wrapped one of his arms around her waist. 

Surprisingly, the two danced well together. Kol was a good dancer and was easily able to adjust his style to compliment hers. 'This is actually really nice,' Cassiopeia though as they danced across the floor, him whispering his little jokes in her ears. It was all so wonderful that when other couples broke apart and found others to dance with, she felt disappointed.  

"It seems like it's time to change partners." muttered the warlock, slightly sad that she wouldn't be dancing with the funny vampire anymore. When the evening had started, she didnt think she would be in joying herself this much. 

"I'm sure will get another chance to hang out again soon." Kol gives a slight smile as he spins her around one final time and into the arms of someone else.

"Hello Cassi" Damon greeted, slipping one hand around her waist. Even though he didn't show it, he was kind of nervous to be talking with the redhead. He didn't know how to talk to her about what was going on without hurting her feelings or making everything worse. Even though they weren't together at the moment, he still cared about her.