III

Taehyung's PoV

to say that my "moving on process" did not work would be an underestimate. here i am now, celebrating my 4th year of marriage with jeongguk. how did that happened? well, an exact year after that night...

"mom, do we really need to set up a big party just for my 20th birthday?" i whined to my mother. i'm not really a fan of big gatherings, so that explains why my only "friend" was jeongguk.

"of course, my baby is already turning 20, and the fact that you'll be moving out by january means that this is the last birthday that we'll be celebrating with you in the house." my mom sadly explained.

"mom, it's not like i'll vanish after moving out. i just want to try to be independent you know? explore, try something new? don't you want your pretty son to have a boyfriend?" i said while making a cute pouty face.

"i'll only accept it if you're gonna bring a man as handsome as gong yoo" my mom joked.

"definitely. this pretty face only suits a man as handsome as gong yoo" i replied.

"it's almost 7:30. go and dress up so that we can greet the guests okay?"

'"who even are the guests? it's not like i have friends" i jokingly stated to my mom while rolling my eyes in a playful manner.

"we know. that's why your dad and i told his business partners to bring their sons and daughters to the party so it'll atleast look like a party for young people. cause some person here is so introverted that all the 20 years of his life, he didn't even made any friends." mom babbled while chuckling.

"mom, go now. i'll dress up now. okay?" i said while pushing her towards the door.

"rude" she said while going out of the room which made me laughed out loud.

i went down to our living room, where the party is being held after i've dressed up. there's so many people, it's making me dizzy. mom's not joking there really is a lot of young adults in here. mom told me to not go directly at the center of the living room, instead, go to the back of the mini stage so that they can introduce the 'birthday boy', so I'm making my way there when i suddenly bumped into something.

"hey! watch where you're going!"  oh so it's not  something, it's someone.

"i'm sorry! i was just a bit distracted. i'm really sorry." i apologized, scared to look up.

"yah! how rude! you're not even looking at me while you're apologizing." the man said so i looked up. hmm he actually looks familiar.

"wait, kim taehyung?" huh how does he know me? he really does look familiar tho. i feel like i've seen him somewhere. he might've sensed that i was confused so he chuckled and said,

"you're really rude, first bumping unto me then not remembering me. we're schoolmates, classmates to be specific. i've been your classmate since freshman." he explained while crossing his arms over his chest.

"oh. i'm sorry, i just uhm you uh you know. don't interact with people a lot" taehyung! please get yourself together and not stutter infront of your classmate?! i thought to myself.

"i figured. you literally only interact with jeongguk. you don't even know that i'm jeongguk's bestfriend. i'm park jimin btw" jeongguk's bestfriend? gosh taehyung, you really need to get yourself together and look at your surrounding sometimes. i see that he's offering his hand for me to shake so i lightly took it.

"kim taehyung." i said as we shook hands.

"i know. haha. isn't today your birthday? your dad actually told my mom to get me to attend your birthday. i don't know why tho?" he stated. moooom i thought while facepalming in my head.