VIII

taehyung's pov

i woke a while ago at 6am but it's now 6:30am but i still haven't got up from my bed. i'm trying my best to not just lay down on my bed all day cause i know jeongguk still needs me to prepare his things so that he could go in the office. with that thought in mind, i got up from my bed and started to make my way to the bathroom to do my morning routine. 

i was walking to the master's bedroom (read: jeongguk's room) to prepare jeongguk's clothes when i heard him talking on his phone (again). i was contemplating if i should listen to the conversation cause the last time that i did that, it only hurt me. 

should i go and just prepare his shoes?  i thought. 

in the end, i still stayed cause i realized that everything that jeongguk does or says will always hurt me. what more could he keeping from me, right? 

"i know. yes, of course i'm excited to see you both again. yes. see you in the office. love you too. bye." he told someone on the phone, which i clearly knew who was. 

i decided to open the door to let him know about my presence. i was walking my way to the closet when he turned around.

"how long have you been here?" he asked. 

"long enough to hear your conversation." i answered almost immediately. i saw how shocked he was.

"i-" he looks like he's gonna be explaining so i cut him off.

"no worries. that conversation didn't hurt me like it did when i saw you two in office." i said, then continued on walking to the closet.

"you don't have to explain anything to me jeongguk. what i saw in your office yesterday made me realized that you'll never love me back and i now accept it." i added while preparing his attire for today.

"then why are you still here? why are you still staying here knowing you'll be hurting more?" he asked. 

"like i said yesterday, let me stay here while our divorce is still being processed. unlike you, i have no one to go to so i'm still planning on to where i would go once it has been finalized." i replied. turning around to look at him.

"and just because i already accepted everything, it doesn't erase the fact that you and jieun are cheating on me behind my back. so i think i still have the right to stay in here while we're still together. i won't be bothering you but i will still do my husband duties until we're not married anymore." i don't know where my confidence came from but it feels good to let this out. i never knew i would be able to talk to jeongguk this way. now that i knew about everything, i won't be refraining to defend myself anymore. after all, we won't be seeing each other after this so might as well say everything that i wanted to vent out since the beginning. 

"i'll be waiting outside." i added lastly while walking out of the room. 

>>

jeongguk's pov (finally)

i was making to the living room when i saw kim taehyung sitting on the couch. he looks like he's thinking of something deep that's why i decided to prepare my own shoes when i saw that it's already ready. hmm. he was not kidding when he said that he'll still do this things for me. i thought. 

"oh. you're already here? come, let me go and fix your tie." he said while gesturing for me to come near him. i was debating if i should still let him fix my tie considering we're already processing our divorce.

"kim taehyung, i think you shouldn't do these things anymore." i voice out my thoughts.

"jeon, what did i just tell you earlier? i'm still gonna do my husband duties until we're not married anymore, is that right? what part of that statement didn't you understand?" he replied. i didn't know that he was this sassy? he was always just submissive all through these years. i wonder what changed suddenly.