XIII

i know better than to leave ya'll cliffhanging so another double update today!!! 🎊🥳

taehyung's pov

it's been four days since jieun 'visited' me, seven days since jeongguk left, and 2 days before we get divorced. i don't know why i'm counting the days tho. maybe to comfort myself that what i'm doing is correct? even though it's almost a week since jieun came here, i still can't forget about what she said to me.

flashback 

"the truth? what's the 'truth'? i questioned. 

"jeongguk and i, we did broke up the night the incident happened, we reconciled immediately though, since it was just a small misunderstanding. believe me or not, taehyung. i didn't know that you two were engaged. i didn't knew until the day of your marriage." she explained.

"you still knew, jieun. you still knew that we are married but you still decided to have an affair with my husband!' i suddenly snapped.

"i didn't want to taehyung! you think i wanted to be labeled as a mistress? i didn't want to! a week after your marriage i came to know that i am pregnant." she wept. p-pregnant?

"t-that c-child-" i said, pointing at the boy who's sitting on the carpeted floor. 

"yes, it's our child. that's why i decided to stick with him. i- no we needed him. we needed jeongguk, taehyung. that's why i swallowed my pride and decided to be with jeongguk even though i know he's married with you. so please, for the sake of our child, please sign the divorce papers and let us live as a peaceful family." she said, suddenly going down on her knees, begging.

"you had four years to tell me about this, ms. choi. why just now? do you really think i'm that selfish that i won't be letting jeongguk go even though i know that he has a child with you?!" i said. doing nothing but just looking at her begging at me. 

"he promised me taehyung. he told me that i don't need to do anything and he'll just handle it himself. i wanted to tell it to you right from the start, taehyung. but that promised that jeongguk made, that's what made me stop myself from telling it to you. you have to understand taehyung- no i know you understand cause you feel the same way as i feel about jeongguk." she explained. still on her knees.

"stand up. you don't have to beg, ms. choi. i've already made my decision. please shut the door after you go out, ms. choi." i said, turning my back against them and was walking my way upstairs when jieun suddenly held my hand. 

"actually taehyung, if it's gonna help this on making your decision, i know jeongguk lied to you and told you that he's on a business trip. but the truth is, he's actually in busan right now. he's already settling our house in there cause he told me that we'll be living in busan after our marriage." jieun said. i pulled my arm from her and stared at her.

"i told you i already made my decision. again, close the door after you leave." i said, continuing my way upstairs.

back to present 

i've cried all day after going upstairs. i actually still can't believe it even though it' s already been four days. jeongguk and jieun has a child. they knew about it a week after our wedding. they decided to keep it from me and now, we're having a divorce so that they can live as a happy family. what did i to deserve this? maybe i'm the villain. maybe i'm the bad guy cause i keep on pushing myself towards jeongguk. with my tears still flowing on my cheeks, i dialed seokjin hyung's number. 

"h-hyung?" i said.

"taetae? are you crying?" he questioned

"no, hyung. i just woke up so my voice is still a little bit hoarse." i lied as an excuse.

"if you say so. what made you called me today?" he asked.

"uhm hyung, is namjoon hyung in there right now?" i asked him. 

"yes, he's in his office room right now, do you want to talk to him?" he answered.

"yes, please. i just need to confirm something. thank you hyung." i said.

"okay, one sec." 

"hello?" namjoon hyung greeted.

"good evening namjoon hyung." 

"jin said that you needed to talk to me? may i ask why?" he asked.

"hyung, i know that you know where jeongguk is right now. i just need you to confirm it. is he in busan right now?" i asked.

"yes, the last time he told me he's in busan to do something. he did not tell me anything about it tho. just that he's in busan." he answered.

"thank you so much hyung. that's all i needed. can you please tell seokjin hyung that i'm goodnight?" i requested. i won't be able to talk to hyungie again seeing my tears are starting to go out one by one from my eyes again.

"sure. i'll update you if jeongguk calls me again." he said.

"thank you hyung." i said as i greeted goodbye. i ended the call and laid down in my bed in a fetal position. 

i will let you go now jeongguk. please live happily with your family. i thought while tears are flowing down my cheeks. 

>>

9th day since jeongguk left. today is the day. my hands are shaking while looking at the documents infront of me. this will set him free. free from my evilness and selfishness. the pen that i have in my hand right now will determine our marriage. just one signature and it's all over. he already signed it. i thought while looking at jeongguk's signature. it looks so clean and was signed without hesitation. while here i am, staining the paper with my tears. but i won't let my tears stop me. with a shaking hand, i started to sign the paper. i was fully crying when i finished signing the papers. that's it. it's all over now. we're officially separated. with that, i was on the floor wailing like a kid. i need this. i need to released all of this. i promise, this is the last time that i'm gonna be crying for you, jeon jeongguk. 

hours after signing the divorce papers, i started to pack the things that i haven't packed yet. 

i was going through my clothes to see if i can donate some things that i won't be bringing to canada. i am already at the last end of my clothes when i saw my wedding suit. i smiled. i forgot that i've kept it in here. i remember the day of our marriage, i was so happy that everything was shining in my eyes. and it was so obvious since i was smiling from the start of the ceremony until it's over, meanwhile jeongguk was frowning looking like he was forced to be there- oh wait, he really was forced to be there. i was beaming when i came to know that both of our parents gifted us this house then he yelled at me that night to not sleep in the same room as him. that's the first time that jeongguk has made me cry after our wedding. thinking about it now, i should've seen the signs. or i did saw it but decided to ignore it? i don't know, the damage has been done and it went on for four whole years. 

i have packed all my things when i was notified that my uber is already here. i decided to give a quick reply that i'm already coming. i'm gonna stay at a hotel near the airport so that it'll be less hassle for me for my flight the day after tomorrow. 

i've looked back for the last time at our house.

goodbye, jeon jeongguk. i love you, so i'm letting you go.