VII

taehyung's pov

"mr. jeon!" she yelled, audibly shocked because of what just happened.

"i-is jeongguk in his office right now?" i asked the woman. 

"yes mr. jeon b-but-" i didn't let her finish and just opened the door to jeongguk's office. what i witnessed in his office broke my heart to pieces. here he is, playing with a kid while jieun is looking at them. he didn't even noticed that i'm already standing in here. i decided to call him.

"jeongguk." i called. he was shocked, he clearly didn't expect me to be in here.

"you told me earlier that we will have lunch together?" i said while smiling.

"t-taehyung." that's all he jeongguk could say.

"come. it's already lunch time, i've prepared a lot of dishes since today is our 4th anniversary. you didn't told me that you're hanging out with jieun today." i added, still smiling.

"kim taehyung." he again said.

"what? why do you keep on calling me? hmm?" i replied.

"do you want to join us for lunch, ms. choi?" i suggested.

"n-no. me and my son we're just visiting jeongguk. we'll get going." she responded.

"oh okay. take care and be safe, both of you." i said while preparing the dishes and putting it on jeongguk's office table. 

"jeongguk, come here, let's eat." i called him and gestured for him to sit beside me. he went and sat infront of me, still staring.

"aren't you gonna ask me something?" he inquired.

"i've prepared your favorite. i also baked a cake. try that later, hmm?" i said. i know what he's talking about but i just don't want to talk about it right now. 

"taehyung." he said. 

"jeongguk, do you know how much i love you?" i asked. i love you so much that i'm willing to let you go even if it hurts me.

"i'm not gonna ask anything about what i just saw, but please just remember how much i love you." i added. 

"taehyung, can't you understand that i don't love you?" he said voice sounding pity.

"i know. j-just for now. let me pretend that everything's okay, hmm?" i choked. 

"i lost my appetite, just throw the food away in the trash if you don't want to eat it. i'm gonna go home." i added while standing up.

i was making my way to the door when a hand held my wrist stopping me.

"taehyung." he called.

"i know jeongguk. let me be with you while we're still married. i know you're already processing our divorce, so let me stay with you while we're processing the divorce." i uttered while still not turning towards him. 

"see you at home." i bid him goodbye. knowing that he'll not be coming home tonight.

>>

it's already 11pm. normally, i would wait until jeongguk gets home before i go to bed but today is different so i was shocked when i heard a car pull up our driveway. not expecting jeongguk to go home today. i got up from the bed when i heard the bedroom door open. 

"have you eaten? i'm sorry, thought you're not gonna go home today so i didn't prepare anything." i said laying down on the bed again. realizing i don't have the energy to acommodate my feelings for jeongguk tonight. 

"no. i'm okay." he replied, still standing at the door looking like he's expecting me to do something. oh. i thought. 

"uh, yeah, sorry." i said while standing up. i was on my way to go out of the room when jeongguk asked me

"where are you going?" huh? isn't this what he wanted.

"i'm going to sleep in the guest room. i know how you hated it when we sleep in the room." i answered, slightly tilting my head showing that i'm confused. 

"uh, okay." that's all he replied.

"and also, please let me stay here while the divorce is still being processed as i'm still planning on what would i do after our divorce has been finalized. i hope you don't mind. and uuhh, if you want, you can let jieun stay here, i promise i won't be bothering you." i added, then continued making my way out of the room.

>>

1am. says the time on the clock. i still can't sleep cause i've been crying since i left our bedroom. i don't know what i'll do now. i've only focused with jeongguk ever since we're 15 so i don't know how to move on with my life after the divorce. it's hurts to think that jeongguk will not be affected after the divorce. that he'll be able to pursue his dream family and it's only me who's hurting. but as long as he is happy. that's the last thought in my mind as i drifted to sleep.

jeongguk on the other hand is still awake. is taehyung really okay with the divorce? he's not even demanding me for an explanation. was it really this easy? so many thoughts are running inside jeongguk's head. mainly about why taehyung is agreeing with everything so easily. he even slept in the other room, even suggested for jieun to stay in our house. is he accepting it already? well, if he's doing all of this, then that means i don't have anything to be guilty about. 

4am. jeongguk still can't sleep. for the first time ever, he felt pity about taehyung. it's not my fault that i can't return his feelings. he thought. 

"uuh i should sleep already." he muttered once he realized that he still needs to wake up early in the morning. 

finally i'll be free. this thought is what was lingering in jeongguk's mind as he fell asleep.

---

OMG thank you for the 200 reads. I didn't expect for this story to have this views that fast  😳