X

taehyung's pov

i've been searching for an hour and i still can't see any helpful info about that person in his room. hmm, where could he possibly put that info?

"mini office!" i suddenly blurted out, running to his inhouse office since i know i have limited time to search for the information since jeongguk could get home any minute. i unlocked the door and immediately went straight to the table. not even a minute after, i saw an envelope labeled as 'kim taehyung - important document'. wow i think this is the first time jeongguk has put in kim taehyung and important in one sentence. who would've thought that i'll be about divorce. i opened the envelope and saw what i was looking for, the contact info of the person. i instantly took a picture of it and went to put it back in it's place again. i quickly went out of the room and went straight ahead to my room again. 

i need to contact this person so i can know all of the details. i know that whoever he is, he knows all about jeongguk and jieun since i for sure know that jeongguk trusts this person a lot. jeon jeongguk has a reputation and he will not let just anyone know that his marriage is failing, cause how could you trust a ceo to be your business partner when they can't even handle their own marriage. this person knows a lot and i will be needing to get it all from them. 

>>

9pm. i still haven't went out of my room even though i heard jeongguk's car had arrived hours ago. 

grr i heard my stomach growl. i just realized that i haven't eaten anything since yesterday. i'm sure jeongguk has jieun to cook for him so i don't need to worry about him. i thought while rolling my eyes. i went downstairs to cook food for myself since my stomach is continuously growling to let me know that i really need to eat. 

i was cooking some kimchi fried rice when i heard someone cough behind me which made me yelp since i was not expecting that, obviously. i turned around and saw jeongguk.

"what are you doing here?" he interrogated. i just ignored him and went back to cooking again.

"i asked you, what are you doin here, kim taehyung?" he repeated. i quickly turned around again and crossed my arms on my chest.

"what does it look like, jeon jeongguk?" i sassed back. 

"i'm cooking, isn't it obvious?" i added. and again, went back to cooking. 

"it's already late. why are you just cooking now? and are you just gonna eat? it's almost 10pm." he asked.

"10pm is not late to eat dinner when you're kim taehyung who waits for his husband to eat dinner with him even though he never did." i answered, still cooking. 

"well, who even told that kim taehyung to wait for his husband before eating dinner? did his husband gave any expectations that he'll be eating with him?" he asked. how dare you ask that question?

"well, mr. jeon, that is actually a thing called, care. which i do because i love that person. but don't worry, it's not like you'll understand, you've said so many times that you don't and won't love me, am i right? so from now on, i will remind myself that so every time i catch myself still waiting for you before eating dinner, i can stop myself. which won't be long btw since you're already processing our divorce, i wonder what reason you gave to the court when you filed for a petition? forget it, i'll sign those papers even though i don't know what contents it'll have cause i know you can't wait to get rid of me." i answered, which turned into a whole nagging. 

"and also, if you don't need anything from me, please refrain yourself from talking to me." i said then put my food in a bowl and went upstairs. 

i don't understand why jeongguk is suddenly talking to me. the last time that i can remember, he doesn't want to be associated with me and now, he's here initiating a conversation like nothing happened in the morning. i hate how he could play with my feelings so well. with just his one snap, he could make me fall from my knees. i wish there is a cure for loving someone too hard. or if there is any medicine that can make me forget about jeongguk. if there is, i'll give my life just so i could get that. how dare him ask me why i'm always waiting for him. how dare him underestimate my love for him. i really hate him. i wish i never loved you jeon jeongguk. 

when does love turn to hate? is it when you're regretting that you loved that someone, or is it when you're starting to question why you loved that person? 

--

very very short chapter. but no worries, already editing the next one.