forty

forty

_____ 🌿 _____

HIS FIRST WEEK BACK HOME WAS STRANGE AND DIFFICULT. He slept through the night those first few days — his nightmares continuing to stay away — but each morning that he woke back home in his own bed, he felt disoriented and confused. Had it all been a dream? Jimin spent hours sitting in his room, staring at the walls and wondering if he’d fallen into the lake that night and spent the last month in a coma. Was his subconscious continuing to play tricks on him? Showing him — perhaps — what he had wanted to see? Giving him the answers that he had wanted and now that he had them, it was back to reality; his sense of normality gone?

The way Professor Kim would smile and nod at him during lectures told him he was not going crazy.

The way Taehyung would glance at him with a coy smile when he saw him on campus told him that it wasn’t a dream.

The way Hoseok politely greeted him when he saw him in town told him it was all real.

So why did he feel like he was stuck in limbo?

It was difficult for him to readjust to his “new” reality. He missed Yoongi. He missed waking up next to Yoongi amongst the silence that surrounded Eden, and getting to spend hours with him in the garden. He missed the older’s laugh, the way he would hug and kiss him. Yoongi’s lips phantomly lingered against his own. He could still hear his voice, promising him that they’d see each other real soon. How strange, that he could recall the exact sound of his voice, and yet he couldn’t differentiate between fantasy and reality? Oh how he longed to be with him again.

But he had missed home. He missed waking up to Jungkook singing in the apartment off key on purpose and bear hugging him in an attempt to tease him about his height. He missed the way Jin would worry about him, his slightly funny dad jokes and home cooked meals. Jimin missed food in general. Aurora was a good cook, but nothing compared to Jin’s food and he was excited to stuff his face again.

It was disorienting to be back, though. He continued to feel like a foreigner in his own body as he attempted to gain some sort of normality back. Would it sink in that this was his life, he didn’t know.

He doesn’t get the chance to speak to them since he returned. Not in the way that he had been used to.  Namjoon spoke to him, but only when he asked him questions about the content of the lectures, and Taehyung seemed to be avoiding not only Jungkook, but him as well. And at the same time, he would smile and acknowledge him. It was confusing. The most he ever gets to say to Hoseok is hello before the older has disappeared into what seems is thin air. Maybe if he could just sit down and talk to one of them, he might be able to cope with everything new in his life. He needed to make sure it was real, that this was happening. Most importantly, he wanted to see Yoongi again.

Jimin wasn’t the only one who was affected by his return home. Jungkook and Jin were also struggling to cope with new found revelations that were now coming to light.  Jimin had spent hours watching Jungkook struggle to figure out what he’d like to say to Taehyung now that he knew he was a werewolf, and answering all of his questions. His Alpha seemed to no longer hate Taehyung and was rather open to allowing him into his life. Now that he knew what was so off about him, it was as if there was no threat at all. But it was hard for Jungkook who was now struggling internally and mentally scolding himself for acting irrationally. His emotional outbursts, in his eyes, had now complicated everything. And while Jungkook was trying to figure out how he really felt, it seemed as if Taehyung was still keeping his distance.

“He’s not doing it because he’s upset with Jungkook. He’s giving Jungkook the space to spend time with you. He hasn’t seen you in a month, so he’s letting you catch up with one another,”