thirteen

thirteen

_____ 🌿 _____

"YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN,"

"Hoseok I-"

"You're leaving already, aren't you? You just came home,"

"I need space, It's a lot worse than I thought it was, I'm sorry,"

Yoongi had immersed himself into work, pouring over business deals and closings. He was trying to distract himself, but it didn't help that he could hear the faint sounds of Hoseok's footsteps as he anxiously paced the hallways. He's worried about him, but as far as he's concerned he was fine. He was right about him leaving however - he couldn't stay in the house any longer. He would handle work from his flat in London. Yoongi needed to clear his mind. No one stopped him as he booked his flight. Taehyung seemed dejected that he was leaving again, but his mind was too busy about that boy from his class that he wouldn't miss him as much as he normally would. His departure would be bearable this time, but he would miss him nonetheless. Aurora understood his pain, told him to take as much time as he needed, and well, Hoseok would miss him greatly, but he understood just how hard it was for him. Namjoon would be the easiest, he always supported his decisions.

Except Namjoon was about to drastically change his plans, and throw his whole world upside down, much like he had with Jimin.

Yoongi doesn't even bother looking up from his work, he can hear Namjoon coming down the halls. As he expected, Taehyung has probably told him that he was leaving again, and he braces himself for any questions he might have. Namjoon was always curious to know what it was this time that was making him leave in a hurry. He didn't do it to be rude, he was just concerned about his well being, like the rest of them. However, as the door to his study is thrown open, the scent of lavender and seafoam hits him like a train, and he's choking on the air around him. It's overpowering, and it catches him off guard to the point where he feels like he's suffocating. In a matter of seconds, he feels as if he can no longer think - his brain is foggy - and he's hurling himself out of his seat. He's rushing to open the windows for fresh hair, yanking back the curtains so hard that he breaks one. The curtain rods snapped in two and tumbled to the ground with a loud clatter. His fingers don't work the way he wants them to, all he can think about is him, and how he has to leave. Tears prick at his eyes. I have to get out of here, but he can already feel the scent anchoring him to his home. He doesn't want to leave him behind anymore. He can't keep running away from this.

He finally managed to get the window open, but the damage has already been done. He's stuck. Behind him, Namjoon is sighing.

"I know," he breathes, "I'm sorry,"

"Why do you smell like him?" Yoongi half growled, how moaned. He was in agony. The scent was too powerful. Namjoon hadn't- "You know you're not allowed in his room, Namjoon, if this is some sort of sick play to keep me here-"

"It's not a play, Namjoon said in a leveled voice. "I wasn't in his room, I would never, and you know that,"

"Then why do you smell like him?" His voice was barely a whisper. He's gripping the window sill so tightly that it cracked under the pressure.

"He's one of my students, Yoongi. I- I can't explain how but he's here, in the town. He's been here this whole time,"

Yoongi is letting out a choked gasp as he spun around to face him. He's searching Namjoon's eyes, for any signs that he might be lying to him, but Namjoon looks as serious as ever. He wasn't one to joke around about serious matters, but Yoongi is having a hard time believing him. "That's impossible, he c-can't, Namjoon he's dead, you know that, don't lie to me!"