forty-five

forty-five

_____ 🌿 _____

DELICATE; JIMIN LOOKED SO DELICATE WHEN HE SLEPT. Yoongi knew that Jimin would try to argue with him — "I know what I look like when I sleep, Min Yoongi, and it is anything but delicate," — but Yoongi ignored him. Even with his face squished against the pillow, lips parted as he snored quietly, Yoongi found him absolutely stunning. Even more so with his ring around his neck. Yoongi lightly touched the metal band that hung loosely from the chain.

Grey morning light filtered into the room through Jimin's curtains, the dark blue fabric not enough to fully block out the light. There was almost a blue haze to the room. The sounds of heavy rain battered against the windows and roof of the apartment. It didn't matter if it was June or December, there would always be rain in Collin's Port. It was rather soothing however, listening to the downpour outside while lying in bed with his husband. It reminded him of the many mornings they had spent curled up with one another back at Eden, where the rain seemed to last forever.

Jimin stirred in his sleep next to him.

"Baby boy," Yoongi whispered, rolling onto his side so that he could kiss Jimin. The younger scrunched up in nose is disgust as he turned his face away from Yoongi.

"Don' kiss me," he murmured, exhausting laced in his voice. "Haven't....haven't brushed m'teef yet,"

Yoongi rolled his eyes, and cupped the side of Jimin's face, drawing him back in for a kiss. Jimin whined into the kiss. "Yoongi,"

"I don't care about that," he whispered into the kiss. "Vampires have bigger problems than morning breath,"

"Gross," he grumbled, causing Yoongi to laugh.

"You're adorable,"

"You're adorable," Jimin countered tiredly. He curled into Yoongi's chest, and yawned loudly.

"Comebacks aren't your strong suit, Mon Coeur," Yoongi replied, brushing his hair out of his face. But Jimin had already fallen back asleep, leaving Yoongi to revel in his victory alone.

It would be another hour before Jimin fully awoke; the sounds of the rain had grown heavier overtime, darkening the sky outside. The grey morning light had faded into a deep grey, making Jimin's room a dark abyss. Even with his eyesight, Yoongi could barely make out the shape of Jimin's face.

Jimin rolled onto his side, throwing a leg over Yoongi's body, head coming to rest on his shoulder. "M'cold," he mumbled, "Cuddle me,"

Yoongi shifted on the bed, pulling the covers up over both of their bodies. He then pulled the younger up onto his chest, wrapping his arms around his body. "Are you sure cuddling up to me is going to help with the cold?" he mused. "Haven't you noticed that I am also cold?"

"You're a comforting cold," Jimin muttered. "You feel like home, I like it,"

Yoongi swallowed the lump in his throat. "You feel like home too," he whispered. Jimin smiled tiredly, and pushed himself up to kiss Yoongi lazily. He straddled the older to get more comfortable as Yoongi's hands settled on his waist. He seemed a little too eager to be kissing him, given he'd just woken up and was demanding to be cuddled only seconds ago.

"I missed this," Jimin whispered against his lips. "I missed waking up next to you in bed. I missed being in your library and studying while you watched. I missed being in the gardens, I missed everything,"