sixty-six

sixty-six

_____ 🌿 _____

"Did you really think that I was going to let you go?"

Jimin could only see his hands as he laid paralyzed in bed. It was dark in the room and as cold as ice; he could see his breath swirling in front of him. The balcony doors were flung wide open, letting the night air pour into the room, wet footprints glistened in the moonlight and if he slowed his breathing just enough, he could hear the soft, droplets of water dripping off Dk's figure. Jimin tried to drown out the water sounds. He tried to drown out him.

"Won't you answer me?" He asked, feigning hurt. Jimin clamped his mouth shut. He had nothing to say to him.

"But of course you do," he continued when he didn't respond, and Himin realized with horror that he could hear his thoughts. "It's so clear in your eyes. You want to know why I'm doing this,"

He laughed softly, as if this were a joke to him.

"Of course you do, you were always naive — always slow to pick up in what was happening around you,"

If you're going to insult me you can-

"Why him? How could you possibly love him, that...that unholy abomination,"

He was taunting him now, hoping to get a reaction out of him, but he would not succeed. If he didn't know why himself then he was the slow one. It wasn't as if he's ever tried to hide his reasonings.

"I loved you! You were promised to me! ME! Not that devil! You were supposed to love me, that's how it was supposed to go!"

But I fell for him instead. I would — and I have — fallen in love with him again. That's twice now that he's stolen me from you. Shall we try for a third?

"Still not talking? Fine. It's time to wake up, Park Jimin, we have a lot to talk about,"

_____ 🌿 _____

JIMIN AWOKE WITH A CRY, SITTING UP IN BED. Slow, yet heavy and uneven breaths escaped him as ran his fingers through his hair.

Just a bad dream, he thought, that's all it is, just a very bad dream.

Jimin reached a hand out for Yoongi, but instead of ice and stone, his fingers sunk into the plush mattress. He frowned. Glancing to his side, Jimin quickly realized that Yoongi was not in bed with him.

"Yoongi?" He called out, his voice rising an octave.

"He's not here,"

Jimin let out a cry of surprise as the French doors to the balcony swung open, allowing the night air to sweep into the room; the wind howled and he could have sworn he heard thunder rumbling in the distance. The calm before the storm. Jimin could clearly make out the outline of the footprints — wet footprints — in the moonlight leading up towards...

"Did you really think I was going to let you go?"

Dark, lifeless eyes stared back at him, posies atop pale hands.

Jimin ignored him as he scanned the room.

"Where is he?" He asked, panicked. "Yoongi, where is- what did you do to him?"

The voice huffed.

"Please, don't talk about-"

"Where is he!" He screeched.