five

five

_____ 🌿 _____

"MON PETIT LAPIN...WHY THE LONG FACE?"

Oh that deep, sensual voice. Jungkook didn't need to turn around to know to know whose voice that was. He could already envision the dark brown hair, the tan skin that reminded him of dark roast coffee with just enough milk to turn it brown, but still be considered bitter. Those dark eyes that could make anybody fall for them with just one glance. That devil smirk and boxy smile. He growled lightly, his lips curling up into a sneer, eyes narrowing.

Kim Taehyung.

God he hated Kim Taehyung.

He didn't turn around. Jungkook kept his eyes glued to the parking lot, watching students scramble to get out of the rain. He was still damp from walking here earlier, and now he would have to walk back in it. It would be a miracle if he didn't catch a cold, let alone Jimin. If anyone was bound to get sick, it'd be him.

He scowled as he watched the dark thunder clouds roll in from the oceans, threatening more than just rain.

He was already in a bad mood due to the rain, but now Taehyung had arrived, ready to worsen it tenfold.

There was something about him that really got Jungkook's blood boiling. His older brother - Professor Kim - had moved the year before to start a teaching position. Taehyung followed him a year later during the summer months, and come September, he was attending high school with him.

Taehyung was everything you'd imagine a city boy to be like -rich, designer clothes, fancy black car, snotty attitude and unlikeable personality. He flirted with everyone and anyone who gave him the time and day, fucked someone new each night. He had left a slew of broken hearts over the past years, and didn't care much about others. He played with their feelings and dropped them as soon as he got bored. And still, everyone loved him, except for Jungkook, who always ran the other way when he saw him. Jungkook wanted absolutely nothing to do with the older. Kim Taehyung spelled trouble since day one. Jungkook found him arrogant, conceited, and slightly annoying. He cared only about himself, and acted like he knew everything. He never hesitated to show Jungkook up in class, it was like everything was a competition. Jungkook also seemed to offend the older without even trying. He could just be sitting there, and suddenly he was being offensive.

But Jungkook could see how much he got under his skin. He learned very quickly that Taehyung was the type of person who thrived off of attention, and that was the one thing that Jungkook denied him. Taehyung could have anyone wrapped around his finger except for him, and that made him all the more desirable to Taehyung. He took it as a challenge. He started bothering him more - showing up at his workplace, sitting next to him in class. He teased him constantly, in more ways than one. His particular favourite was calling him mon petit lapin. Jungkook was not a little rabbit. He was the big bad wolf. Taehyung had also gone from suggestive looks to subtle touches, touching him in ways that he knew he wanted to be touched, but not by him.

His nose scrunched up in disgust as Taehyung took a step closer. He knew Taehyung was trying to be discreet. The older had a bad habit of sneaking up on people, he was just that quiet. But Jungkook had heightened senses, and his hearing was unparalleled so Taehyung never got the upper hand. It brought great joy to him seeing how much it aggravated Taehyung. He could never quite sneak up on him.

"Won't you look at me Lapin?" he purred, leaning closer. "You know it's rude to treat your hyung like this. I asked you a question, you should answer me,"