2- Why is she running away

"Come on, Will, we're going to be late," my sister, Kaitlin, called impatiently from the hallway.

"Coming, coming, jeez, why on earth do I have to come?" I grumbled, trailing behind her.

"Because if you come instead of Kevin, you can tell whether you think he'll like the dress," she explained, exasperation evident in her voice.

"Just because I'm going to be his groomsman doesn't mean I'm his best friend," I retorted, annoyed at being dragged into wedding preparations.

"I mean, what do you even know about him?" I questioned, hoping to make my point.

"Will, don't start this now. We are getting married, and I have known him since high school, okay?" Kaitlin defended her choice, trying to put an end to the argument.

"Yeah, okay, but if he treats you badly, I will be there to kick his ass," I declared, a protective tone seeping into my words.

"Will, please don't kick him," Kaitlin pleaded, a hint of worry in her voice.

"I'm not joking, sis. He better be scared if he dares hurt you," I warned, emphasizing my determination.

"Come on, let's go. We're going to be late," Kaitlin urged, redirecting our focus back to the present.

We arrived at a small boutique named Primrose Bridal Boutique. Upon entering, a kind old lady greeted us.

"Hello, I'm Kaitlin. Is this where I can get a wedding dress?" my sister asked politely.

"Yes, this is the place. How can I help you today?" the lady replied with a warm smile.

"Well, I would like to schedule a bridal shower for the 10th of November. I'm planning to have a Christmas wedding," Kaitlin informed her, excitement creeping into her voice.

"Oh, that sounds delightful. And who is this? Your fiancé?" the lady inquired, glancing in my direction.

"Oh no, this is my older brother, Will," Kaitlin clarified, gesturing toward me.

"Well let me just get my schedule book, I'll be right back" the lady offered, heading toward the storage room.

As we waited, my mind wandered. Wedding planning and fashion weren't really my areas of interest.

However, when I looked up, I saw her disappearing into the storage room. Why was she running away from me? Alexis Fuller, why are you avoiding me?

Once we got back home, I immediately dialed the number of my manager, Jeremy Anders. Having connections could be useful in situations like these.

"Jeremy, hey, I need you to track someone down for me," I requested as soon as he picked up.

"Who, why, and what do you want me to use to kill them?" Jeremy quipped, his sarcasm evident.

"What? No, I don't want you to kill anyone. I need you to track down a girl," I clarified, rolling my eyes at his over-the-top response.

"A girl? Really, Will? A girl? Why do you want me to do that?" Jeremy questioned, amusement lacing his voice.

"Well, it's complicated. She left something at my house, and I want to return it to her," I explained, hoping he would understand.