14 - Send Me To An Early Grave

Will pov

Ever since our almost-kiss in the kitchen, things between us have been tense. We're leaving for the Bahamas today, and we still haven't talked about what happened.

"Come on, girls, let's go! We have a plane in an hour," I called out, trying to shake off the uneasiness.

As we boarded the plane, Chloe and Kaitlin excitedly chattered about all the things they wanted to do in the Bahamas. Alexis, on the other hand, sat quietly in her seat, staring out the window. Her presence intrigued me—her grey shirt, green leather jacket, and blue ripped jeans giving her a casual yet captivating look. Her tired eyes and messy bun revealed a hint of vulnerability.

I couldn't help but steal glances at her, yearning to understand her thoughts and emotions. The memory of our almost-kiss played on repeat in my mind. I wondered if she felt the same magnetic pull, or if it had only complicated things further between us.

"Mr. Clements, we are taking off. Please fasten your seatbelt," the flight attendant announced, snapping me out of my reverie.

An hour into the flight, everyone else was asleep, and I decided to focus on some work. In addition to playing football, I had my own brand to manage, and my upcoming meetings in the Bahamas were crucial for potential investors. I immersed myself in designing the brand logo and brainstorming new ideas.

Suddenly, I heard a noise and looked up, finding Alexis getting up from her seat.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, curious about her sudden movement.

"Oh, I just have to go to the bathroom," she replied, her voice slightly distant.

She stumbled and began to fall, but I reacted instinctively, catching her just in time. The words slipped out before I could stop them.

"Don't worry, gorgeous. I'll always catch you when you fall."

Instead of blushing or acknowledging the remark, she quickly extricated herself from my arms and hurried to the bathroom. It left me wondering what was going on in her mind.

---

"We have arrived, Mr. Clements. Have a wonderful vacation," the pilot informed me.

"Thanks, Steve. I will," I replied with a smile.

We disembarked the plane and entered the waiting limo. As we made our way to the hotel, which was more like a luxurious resort that I partially owned, I was curious to see Alexis's reaction.

Her eyes widened, and her mouth formed an amazed expression.

"Wow, this is beautiful," she exclaimed, taking in the surroundings.

"Welcome to The Palm Tree," I said, proud of the place.

The girls looked around in wonder, but my attention was focused on Alexis. Her reaction mattered to me more than anything.

She seemed genuinely impressed. It was a relief to see her captivated by the beauty around us.

"Alright, let's get you all settled in your rooms," I announced.

"Chloe, you're in Room 506. Kait, you and Kevin are right next door."

"I get my own room, right?" Alexis asked.

"Yes, you do, sweetheart. Unless you'd like to share with me. You know I always sleep better when you're around," I teased.

She rolled her eyes and laughed, a sound that warmed my heart.

"Careful, sweetheart. If you keep rolling your eyes like that, those beautiful orbs of yours might roll right out of your head."

She shook her head, playfully dismissing my comment, and headed towards her room.