13.

MENTIONS OF SICKNESS! pls ignore this and imagine something else happening :( i was very uneducated

an end to the fake date

It was the day of the arcade date, and you were drowned in overthinking

After what Senju said the other day, you started to think about how you actually felt about Haruchiyo.

You noticed that whenever anyone mentioned the girl he likes, your mood becomes sour.

That was a big sign of jealousy.

Jealousy, jealousy was also a consequence of romantic feelings, when a special someone mentions their romantic feelings to someone else in front of you, you'd get jealous.

And let's say you were jealous, you wouldn't be jealous for no reason.

'It can't be..'

You looked at your fake boyfriend, who was cheering out of joy from winning a game in the arcade.

'I like..'

He gave you a grin while raising his brows, trying to make you impressed.

'Haruchi-'

You slapped yourself internally, saying no's in your head. It was unbelievable. Looking up at him again, he was smiling. His smile was different, yet it was the same smile he wore everyday.

The difference was how it affected you.

Before, you thought nothing of it, but now, your heart skipped a beat just by seeing it.

"y/n?" Haruchiyo called out for you, snapping you out from your thoughts.

"Yeah?'' giving him a small smile, he looked at you confused.

Going back to his game, he eyed you in concern. "You good?''

Letting out a quiet 'mhm', he wasn't quite convinced. You looked troubled, even if Haruchiyo was focused on his games, he still observed you.

"Sit here." he patted a seat beside him.

"No, I need to go to the bathroom."

He muttered an 'alright' as you stood up and started to walk, until he stopped you.

"The bathroom is the other way."

- ღ -

The date ended.

As you got home, your thoughts about your feelings didn't end.

It was around nighttime and thinking about it caused you stress, until suddenly, you couldn't breathe.

That heartbeat of yours went quick, too quick.

Your chest felt tight, you begged everything to breathe, you begged for someone to find you, but you begged it wasn't Haruchiyo.

"y/n, mom is calling y-"

A panicked yell came out of your brother's mouth.

Imagine seeing your sister, who had a condition of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (a condition that made your heart weak), barely conscious, and gasping for breath on the floor.

"What ha- GET THE INHALER!" your mom yelled.

Your dad then came, and then a nearby doctor you were closely acquainted with.

As the doctor put the inhaler on you, Akio was there to support you. Tears filled your eyes, the doctor went to your dad as your mom went near you for support.

"What happened to this child?!" the doctor angrily asked your dad. "Was she too happy? Too angry?"

"We both know she can't do things normal teenagers do!" a bunch of scolding went out of the doctor's mouth, it stopped when your dad snapped.

"I WANT HER TO BE FREE!"

The doctor was shocked at the tone of your dad's voice, the doctor calmed down and so did he.

Taking a deep breath, "I get that, but you have to understand that she has restrictions. She won't get better if you keep thinking like that."

As the people around you kept chatting,

You could only think about him, begging for him to not see you in a vulnerable state.

- ღ -

The next day, you got better, thankfully.

You didn't see Haruchiyo all day, until class ended.

He went up to you, the first words you said to him caused something larger than surprise.

"I want this childish fake date to end."

"What?''

Gritting your teeth, it took everything within you to say,

"I'm so sick of this fake love."