CHAPTER 52

Our wing in the castle is like a small condo. It has everything—a living room, kitchen, and bedrooms. I walk to the living room to watch some TV while I wait for Nate to come back.

An hour passes since Nate has left; he texts me that it's taking longer than he thought it would and won't come back anytime soon. I decide to do something to fill up the time while I wait for him. I call Ekaterina and asked her to come along with me to the mall. While watching TV, a thought of how I could spice things up tonight for Nate comes to mind.

Ekaterina and I drive to the mall.

"So, tell me how it went with Ava?" Ekaterina asks while I'm driving.

"It went well. I'll send her the code once Nate and I mate."

"I'm surprised you guys haven't mated yet."

"He had some important things to attend to."

"I guessed as much. Why are we going to the mall?"

"I want to buy lingerie," I say and feel my cheeks heat up.

"Someone wants to spice up her first time. That's nice," Ekaterina says, smirking.

"While I was waiting for Nate, I was watching this human show, and the idea came to me. I feel it won't be a bad thing to spice things up."

"It won't; it's a nice idea."

"Is it really as painful as they say?"

"What?" Ekaterina asks, confused as to what I'm talking about.

"The first time he goes in. I hear it hurts a lot," I say, hoping she grasps what I'm talking about.

"It depends. For some people, it hurts a lot, and for others, just a little or not at all."

"How was it for you?"

"How was it for me..." he looks like she's trying to remember. I'm surprised she has to wrack her brain. I assume it's something no woman would forget. "I can't remember."

"You can't remember?" I ask, shocked.

"I was drunk the night I slept with Kyler. I don't remember what happened."

"Oh, and how about the marking? Does that hurt as much as they say it does?"

"That I remember, and I don't know if it's because I'm a witch, but it hurt like hell."

"It could be. I hope it doesn't hurt too much. My body is still healing from everything it went through because of Nickolas and Ava. It doesn't need extra pain."

"I'm sure it won't. Nate will make sure it doesn't."