Chapter Two: Keeping her

I told no one about my Emotion Program coming back and I didn't erase it again either. And no one knows about the encounter with that human either. She reminds me a lot of Ravage, if I wanted to describe her. I wonder how she is. I haven't been to see her in about a day now and she's always on my mind. I took my leave at 4 o'clock and went back to where I last saw her. I looked around for her but she was nowhere in sight. I sent Lazerbeak to fly around and find her. But it didn't take long to find her myself.

"Hello!" She said almost desperately.

I looked in the direction of her voice but I couldn't see her.

"Up here," She said again

I looked up to see her in a tree. Very high in a tree. 

"Hello," She said smiling

I said nothing but I was very concerned about how high up she was. 

"I wanted to look out for you and I'm a little stuck."

I used my tentacle to reach up and bring her down. I put her in my hand and she thanked me. I only responded with a nod. 

"You don't talk a lot, do you?" I shook my head in response, "That's fine. Besides, actions speak louder than words."

So, with whatever time I had, I spent time with her and told her my name, at last. She found it ironic that my name was 'Soundwave' when I barely said a word. I suppose it is, isn't it? She then revealed her name to me: (Y/N). It suits her. Of course, Starscream was quick to ask where I was. (Y/N) appeared disappointed that I had to leave again. Is she that lonely out here? Feeling guilty for leaving her alone out here, I brought her with me onto the Warship. All eyes went on (Y/N) when they noticed her. 

"There you are, Soundwave. Where have you been?" Starscream asked.

He saw (Y/N) staying close to me.

"A human?" Starscream asked, "Since when do you have a human pet?"

"Yesterday. He tamed me," (Y/N) answered for me.

"Tamed a human. You're the last Decepticon I expected to have a human pet after the loss of your last pets. I will let you keep it. I can't wait to see it get terminated like Ravage."

I had such an urge to beat the scrap out of him for that comment. He knows not to tease me and I know he's scared of me yet he has the confidence to say that. Keeping my emotions a secret, I took (Y/N) away from Starscream. 

"Who is Ravage?" (Y/N) asked me as we walked

I stopped and looked at her. I took her to my quarters where I placed her down on a table and showed her a video of his demise. It's easy for me to keep quiet about it because I've not said a real word in so long. 

"He was your pet," (Y/N) said when the video finished

I nodded

"I'm sorry for your loss. That must've been hard on you."

I gave no form of a response. (Y/N) said no more either and sat down on the table, looking at me. I have her head a gentle rub which she seemed to enjoy. I had experience with Ravage so I know what kind of affection animals like. As the days passed, we would become closer. Mostly me listening to her while she talked about her experiences in life and showing her anything she needed to know about my kind. I even helped her to read Cybertronion.

But our bonding time would be cut short when we finally had some Autobot activity after three years on Earth. We arrived at a revenue where there was so much exploded Energon and the Autobot known as Clifjumper. I was monitoring any kind of Autobot communication with (Y/N) so I didn't take any notice of what was happening. But Clifjumper was terminated by Starscream. I later went to Starscream with something I found.

It was a message from the Autobot known as Arcee. We know that Optimus Prime had called any surviving Autobot to Earth so I've been searching for anything about who is on their team. I've managed to find most of them but I don't know if there are any more. While I continued my surveillance, I noticed that (Y/N) had curled up and fallen asleep on the console I had her on. I wonder if Megatron would approve of me keeping her. I can't show that I care for her, however.

Everyone still believes that I don't have emotions. Not that I would tell them or give them any clues that the program has come back. I won't give Megatron any clues about that either. He's my friend and I know he trusts me more than anyone else here but this is the one thing I can't tell him about. I let her sleep while I continued my work.

And I secretly looked for thinks she may need to properly live on the warship should Megatron allow her to stay. As night fell, I detected a transmission from deep space. It was from Megatron. Here's the moment of truth. I woke (Y/N) up before heading over to Starscream, playing the transmission I detected.

"Those transmissions are emanating from deep space. I would hate to waste the Energon unless you are absolutely certain," I nodded, "Then lock on transmission coordinates and activate the space bridge."

A trooper put the coordinates and activated the Spacebridge for Megatron to come through and return to us. I took (Y/N) from her spot when she properly woke up and waited for Megatron to arrive. He flew through the Spacebridge and arrived on the Warship. Megatron walked into the Bridge where his gaze instantly fixed on me holding (Y/N).

"Soundwave. What is that you have there?" Megatron asked me

"It would appear that Soundwave tamed a human and insists on keeping it," Starscream told him

Megatron looked at (Y/N) before looking back at me, "I assume that this human will be... useful for us if you have kept it."

I gave a nod.

"Then you have my permission to keep it. Do not let it fail me," Megatron said

(Y/N)'s ears flattened a little at that. Megatron never terminated my minicons because he knew they were useful to me. I will not let him terminate (Y/N) and I will not lose her to the Autobots like the others. She and Lazerbeak are all I have left.