Chapter Twenty-Two: Talking about the past

So, we're in a bit of a situation. Ratchet recently left for Cybertron because Ultra Magnus got injured during a battle with Predacons. I stayed because I have no plans to leave (Y/N). But Ratchet never came back. So I'm in charge. Well, at least I was. It was later revealed that the government planned to shut down our base as there hasn't been any Decepticon activity in months. I suppose they don't actually have any need for us anymore.

But (Y/N) and I have nowhere to go. Agent Fowler had given us a week to clear the base of anything we didn't want the humans to have and for (Y/N) and I to find somewhere to live. The government offered to pay for it until we could find jobs to pay for rent and things. Because we've been discussing it for a while, (Y/N) and I looked for a treehouse. Not the little ones you find in someone's back garden but a real, professionally built treehouse. And it was beautiful.

It was located in the forest outside of a city called Crown City. I took out any Cybertrionian technology from the base and sent it all to Cybertron. You know, where it belongs. The only thing I kept was Energon because I might need it at some point. But I've just become more comfortable in my holoform. I like being close to (Y/N) and giving her attention properly. It's a bit awkward in my normal form. But she's started to be the one to give me attention. I also learned that Laserbeak has a holoform as a raven.

So he stays with us a lot too. (Y/N) will jokingly call Laserbeak our son but he doesn't seem to mind that. I've slowly started to become more talkative too. I would tell (Y/N) about my past as I know she's been curious about it. And that's how she learned about my vow of silence. I was once part of the resistance against the Quintessons in the War of Wrath. I would later be on a counsel as a spy but I hated how everyone was handling things so I left and took a vow of silence. Not long after that, I met Megatron during a gladiator battle and that's how we met.

(Y/N) was interested in my past but never asked many questions about it. But (Y/N) then opened up about something in her past she never talked about. And my explanation on why she keeps looking up at the stars with a smile almost randomly. I wasn't the first person to tame her. A little boy once tamed her. He too was from another planet. It had no name but he wanted to get back to his planet to see his Rose. I mean the flower, not something he called someone.

After the boy tamed her, they stayed together for quite a while until he had to say goodbye and she hasn't seen him since. I asked her if she knew what happened. And this was the part where the whole looking up at the stars thing was explained. A pilot came to the forest nearly a year after the boy left her and explained everything.

He told her that he had met the boy and he had gone back to his Rose. A venomous snake had bitten him. I assumed just by that the boy had died but, the strange part was, the boy disappeared when the pilot woke up the next day. But the boy had told him something before he left. The pilot said he wanted to hear him laugh again and the boy simply said:

"You will hear me laugh more than you ever did before because, on one of those stars, I'll be laughing, but you won't know which one, so all the stars will be laughing. It'll be like a bell that's hanging from every star in the sky."

So, (Y/N) would close her eyes and carefully listen for the boys laughter. And she would. Not really believing her, that night, while she was asleep, I went outside and did exactly what she did. I couldn't hear anything at first but I stayed patient until I heard a little boy laughing. I looked around in case there was someone nearby but there was no one there. There is a boy out there somewhere. Well, (Y/N) has never been one to lie so I'm not too surprised.

After that, I joined (Y/N) in bed since we share a bed. Yes, we're not married yet but that doesn't mean we can't cuddle. But I have no plans to ask that kind of question anytime soon. I want to wait a while and enjoy my time with (Y/N). Although we still need human jobs. I forgot about that. I know what I could do but I don't know what (Y/N) could do.

I could get something in technology since I've almost mastered how human technology works. But I'll focus on that in the morning. I fell asleep next to (Y/N). By the time I woke up, (Y/N) was gone. Can she stop that? That's all she seems to do and it's annoying now. I got up and looked for her. She was in the kitchen, thankfully.

"Can you please stop disappearing on me?" I asked her

"You were asleep and I didn't want to disturb you," (Y/N) said

"You worry me every time you suddenly disappear. All I have to do is turn my back or blink and you're two miles away."

"I'm... sorry. I didn't realize this was a problem. Why didn't you say anything sooner?"

"No reason," I said sitting at the dining table.

"Liar."

I looked at her and she was giving that knowing look.

"That's how I lost Frenzy, Rumble, and Ravage," I said, "we were on a mission assigned by Megatron and I deployed them all to look for Autobots. I turned my back for a moment and, when I looked back, all three were gone. I thought they could handle themselves but, when I found them, they had been terminated. But, in the Autobots defense, it was their security system so they didn't do it. I had to abort the mission because of it. At least they had a good burial."

"So you don't like me disappearing because you don't want me to have the same fate," (Y/N) said

I nodded and looked away from her. (Y/N) sat next to me and gave me a hug. I hugged her back while she assured me that she wouldn't do it again without telling me and promised she wouldn't end up like my minicons. I was happy about that. I don't want to lose her.