Chapter Sixteen: Darkmount

I seriously need a break someday. I think I work more than the troops sometimes. I've been asked to monitor all Earth-based transmissions for the Autobots and their humans. It's been under two weeks and I've found nothing. Or so I thought. One of the humans decided to send a text to someone. I would've ignored it but Starscream was near me at the time and saw.

He reported it to Megatron who said to send troops to the location and told me to give him a live feed of what was happening. I sent Laserbeak to record it all. It was one of the humans and Arcee was with him. But, long story short because things became interesting, Arcee and the human escaped and Laserbeak was caught in an explosion. I got Laserbeak back and checked to see how he was. Slightly damaged and he didn't see where they went. Good. 

"Well? Did any of the surveillance data survive?" Megatron asked me

Nope. Good thing too. I still want the Autobots to at least have a chance of defeating us. 

"A shame, we might have at least learned the direction in which Arcee and the human fled," Starscream said

"Clearly, we need to improve our methods of hunting Autobots and build upon the tactical advantage that we've managed to secure," Megatron said

'Lord Megatron. I am ready to return to Darkmount, and I'm certain you'll want to see what I've uncovered,' Knockout said on Megatron's comm which was on speaker

"Soundwave, open a Space Bridge portal."

I stopped my work on Lazerbeak and opened a Spacebridge portal. Knockout walked through.

"I find myself in urgent need of good news. So please, Knockout, tell me that you found something useful," Megatron said

"Some things, my liege. And someone," Knockout moved out of the way and we waited.

Nothing was there but you could hear footsteps coming from the portal. They seemed heavier than Megatron's footsteps. I regret to say I think I know who they belong to. Not long after, Shockwave appeared. But he's supposed to be dead! I was almost very quick to take (Y/N) and put her safely on my shoulder. Shockwave is the most insane bot I've ever met so I'm definitely keeping (Y/N) away from him.

"He... lives?" Starscream asked

"Shockwave," Megatron chuckled, "Just the tactical advantage I need."

"Lord Megatron," Shockwave bowed

"Shockwave, this is quite an unexpected turn. I thought you'd perished on Cybertron," Megatron said looking at Starscream

"Yes, a-as did we all," Starscream stuttered

"Reports of my demise were greatly premature," Shockwave started to explain what happened, "A pair of Autobots infiltrated my facility on Cybertron, sabotaging my space bridge. I gave chase, but failed to accurately calculate the outcome. I awoke in the rubble, blinded. It soon became clear that I was marooned on our dead planet, with no means of communication. In time, I repaired my wounds and resumed my experiments. The solitude enabled me to make tremendous advances in my research. Until, one day, my instruments detected a massive surge of unidentifiable energy. I traveled to investigate its origin, at the edge of the Sea of Rust, where I encountered your salvage team and the smoldering wreckage of the Omega Lock. But this was not the search party I had anticipated, so long ago. Leaving one unanswered question. Why was I left for scrap? Abandoned," Shockwave walked over to Starscream, "Why?"

Starscream's wings dropped and he looked absolutely terrified. I can't say I blame him. Shockwave is very intimidating.

"The explosion, it collapsed the Power Core chamber! The last thing anyone witnessed was you charging into the space bridge portal. No one saw you come back out!" Starscream said in his defense.

"I find your reply to be... logical," Shockwave said

Starscream sighed, relieved that his excuse worked. Shockwave, Megatron, and I started to leave when Starscream spoke up to Shockwave.

"But you will be pleased to know that I avenged your seeming demise by personally terminating the Autobot, Cliffjumper," Starscream said proud of himself

"Careful, Starscream. You may dislocate a landing gear patting yourself on the back," Knockout said

(Y/N) laughed at Knockout's comment. 

"As Megatron's First Lieutenant, allow me to welcome you back to the winning team," Starscream said to Shockwave

"And allow me to clarify the new chain of command," Megatron said, "While Starscream will retain authority over military operations, Shockwave will be my First Lieutenant in charge of all scientific endeavors."

"So you are saying, we shall each report directly to you?"

"Affirmative."

We all walked out. Though I think Starscream was trying to stay as Megatron's favorite because he had an idea to look on the internet for Autobots. Humans always have some form of a camera on them so it's not unlikely to find an Autobot on there. Starscream eventually called us saying that he had found an Autobot. But all we saw was an animation of a tap-dancing monkey. Shockwave asked if our Autobot prisoner, Wheeljack had anything better to offer than the internet.

Starscream argued that he had been grinding at Wheeljack for days now and, if he knew anything, he would have spilled the information by now. Megatron pointed out that some people are better at keeping secrets than others. Me being an example. Shockwave recommended using the Patch on Wheeljack to get the information faster than using torture methods. As far as I've heard, Wheeljack knew nothing and was ordered to be terminated.

But Wheeljack escaped. Or, should I say, Starscream let him escape. That's a surprise. For once it wasn't me. But Starscream had put a tracking device on Wheeljack so we could see where he was going and listen to everything. Well, Wheeljack was smarter than Starscream and found the tracker and used it, along with a grenade, to kill off Starscreams armada. And I don't feel bad about it. The Autobots are all slowly reuniting. 

"So not only did you fail to destroy the Autobots, but you allowed their number to increase! Is there no one who can bring me their heads?!" Megatron asked annoyed

"If I may, Lord Megatron. During my exile on Cybertron, I resumed work on a long-dormant project, one that I believe may provide a solution to our current problem," Shockwave said showing a formula for Cyber-Nucleic Acid.

"Cyber-Nucleic Acid?" Knockout asked

"The building blocks of all Cybertronian life. This hails from a specimen I excavated upon our planet, and has yielded promising results."

"The Autobots continue to evade us. What makes you think we can afford to wait for the answer to our prayers to be birthed in some petri dish?" Starscream asked Shockwave

"You misunderstand. The subject has been fully cultivated, and need only be transported from my laboratory on Cybertron," Shockwave explained

"Then, by all means, activate the space bridge," Megatron said

From there, we waited for Shockwave to arrive back with his secret weapons. And I don't think it was worth the wait. Shockwave returned to us at Darkmount where he proudly presented the ultimate Autobot hunter. What emerged from the Spacebridge is something I have only heard of from Cybertron's history. It was a giant Predacon!