Chapter Twelve: Triage

Almost wish I did bring (Y/N). This is a very calm flight I'm on. Well, it was. I saw Wheeljack's ship ahead of me. And I would have just let him have the relic but then I'd have to face Megatron's disappointment and Wheeljack doesn't know about the offer Optimus gave me so he won't give me a chance. Sorry, Wheeljack. But I have no choice. I started to fire at Wheeljack who started to dodge them.

He did a loopty-loop and started shooting me from behind. Not really feeling like getting hurt or killed today, I started to do the same, even trying to use the clouds to hide me. Not that it did much because he found me again. I don't have time for this. I need to get this relic and fast. I deployed Laserbeak to distract him while I headed for the Location. He took the distraction and I left.

As I got closer, I realized this was the area I found (Y/N) after the whole Orion Pax thing. We were near the relic all night? I started looking for some form of a signal that it radiated until I found it. I used my tentacles to drill my way to it. I soon found it and brought it back to the surface. The resonance blaster. Crafted by Decepticon scientist for maximum sonic devastation. Just sounds like my kind of weapon, to be honest.

But I'll save the victory for later. Here's Wheeljack. He landed on top of me and I got pushed back. That's also when he made me realize that I dropped the blaster. Great. I prepared for our fight for the relic. He charged at me but I just stood there. He tried everything to attack me with his katanas but he didn't even scratch me. I did start hitting back after a moment. Though, I did narrowly miss getting my visor slashed off.

Okay, I'm always up for a challenge. He started hitting me again but I just blocked his attacks and managed to steal his katana and push him away. I did debate using it to fight him but I just threw it at him instead. He tried to jump at me but I used a tentacle to grab a hold of him and smack him around. I threw him so he was just at the edge of the cliff, pinned him down,  and tried to finish the fight with my tentacles.

But he just used them against me to let him go. He got up and head-butted me in the face, cracking my visor. This had caught me completely off-guard and he started to shoot at me before kicking me off the cliff. Well, now revealed to me as an arch but that doesn't matter. I looked over to where I last saw the blaster to see that it was still there. Good. But I still have Wheeljack to worry about.

He aimed his blaster at me and asked me if I wanted to say any last words. I'd love to but I can't speak! But I did take the opportunity to grab the blaster and use it before I was killed. That got him down and off me. I stood up and put the blaster on my arm. But I didn't give him the hint that I planned to use it. He was weak so I could end our fight here and now. But I didn't. I want the Autobot's trust now more than I want Megatron's.

But Laserbeak gave me an excuse to leave. He was calling for me as he seemed to be in trouble. I transformed and went to his location. I arrived there by the time the sun went down. Time flies faster than I wanted it to. I had landed near Wheeljack's ship. Laserbeack must have shot him down after I left. Well, I'm here for Laserbeack and that's it. I found Laserbeak flailing on the ground so I picked him up and put him back in his place on my torso.

But, as I began to leave, I saw something was off. There's still a part of Laserbeak here. Not that I can see it because of this crack in my view. I used my Tentacles to find it as they have a better chance of finding it than me. I found the piece behind a rock so I took it, put it with Lazerbeak, and left. Mission complete. Now to get back to (Y/N). But I did a scan on Laserbeak to see there was something wrong with him. I don't know what it is so I'll take that to Knockout. I arrived back and gave Megatron the relic. Dreadwing was here too

"Ah! The resonance blaster! Crafted by Decepticon scientist for maximum sonic devastation. Soundwave, you have performed admirably unlike Dreadwing here who somehow managed to lose the APEX armor to Starscream," Dreadwing looked regretfully about that, "However, two more decrypted coordinates remain in play. And I have every confidence that Knockout and I..."

Speaking of the doctor, he just arrived back with his finish and his face covered in scrapes. Good luck buffing that out. I know how protective he is of his finish.

"Can you believe what the Autobots did to me?!" Knockout said

Well, he certainly doesn't look attractive anymore for whoever he's been trying to impress since his creation.

Megatron walked over to him, "Did you retrieve the relic?"

"No, master," Knockout said

"Then I suggest you convince me of your continued usefulness by examining Laserbeak, Doctor."

Please. We went to the Medical bay where I lay on the table. Knockout scanned Laserbeak because he had no strength at the moment to fly off.

"What is it?" Megatron asked

"An obstruction of some sort," Knockout said.

I got off and let Laserbeak fall into my hands. His back opened up to reveal the core of a grenade. Wheeljack was attempting to blow us up? Knockout freaked out and took cover. 

"Ah, that is clever," Megatron admired, "Knockout, prepare to properly dispose of the obstruction."

Well, that's just adding insult to injury with how he looks already. I'm not too much obsessed over my paint as he is but even I can agree that he's been through enough. So, Knockout took it and left to handle it. I put Laserbeak back on my torso.

"Soundwave, if we're to maintain any advantage over the Autobots," Megatron was interrupted by the sound of the grenade exploding, "decoding the remainder of the Iacon database must remain your top priority."

Yay. Said unenthusiastically. I just got back! Oh, fine. What else do I have to lose at this rate? I started working on that. But I'm not even starting the first one when all four of us that were sent to collect a relic were told to meet at the Bridge! What now? I brought (Y/N) with me so I can at least spend some form of time with her since I've already wasted an entire day.