Chapter Five: Con Job

I think my Emotion Program has really started to affect my output on the Deceptions. What am I talking about? To me, it's obvious. I no longer want to be part of the Decepticon cause, I take in a human almost without hesitation, and I've been relearning my emotions since the accident. It's like I have had a completely different mindset since the accident and meeting (Y/N).

For how young she is, she has more wisdom than me and Megatron combined. And every life lesson she tells me, I take to spark. She can see what's wrong with the Decepticons but stays because I'm there. I almost feel terrible for dragging her into this. But I don't completely regret it because I've needed company like hers for a long time. But I was pulled out of my thoughts when I found a transmission between the Autobots.

It was with an Autobot ship piloted by the Wreaker known as Wheeljack. Many of the Decepticons are scared of him due to him being a talented warrior. But Starscream had a plan to discover the location of the Autobot base. He called for a Decepticon named Makeshift and I knew exactly what I had to do. I used a tentacle to attach to him and downloaded some data to transform him into Wheeljack.

We continued to track Wheeljack's ship until the next day. He was headed to the desert. Most likely where the Autobots told them to land so we couldn't find their base. Starscream sent out some troops to take Wheeljack prisoner and replace him with Makeshift. I had to go there and take him in myself and Makeshift took his place. I returned with Wheeljack and some troops took him away to one of the cells. Makeshift made it into the Autobot base but we lost his signal. I was walking with Starscream and (Y/N) not long later.

"The moment Makeshift passed through they're Groundbridge, we lost his tracking signal," I nodded in response, "the Autobot base is no doubt heavily shielded to prevent us from locating it. Ah, no matter. I have complete faith in Makeshift," the cell door opened, "Our inside man is already inside."

How Wheeljack was when we walked in was not the sight I wanted (Y/N) to see. It wasn't terrible but I can only imagine what her hunters did to her when they caught her. She doesn't talk about it so it's just left to the imagination. 

"Tell Megatron he's fragged in the head if he thinks Bulkhead won't sniff out an imposter," Wheeljack said

Starscream chuckled, "Haven't you heard? I lead the Decepticons now."

"You? Ha!"

Starscream growled and tried to swing at him. I grabbed his arm, stopping him. I hate to say I need him alive so he can escape. But I think he thought I was keeping him alive for something else

"Yes!" Starscream said taking his arm back, "Yes, he may yet be of use. Makeshift is very good at keeping up appearances. He need only fool your friends long enough to open their Groundbridge from within so that I may finally learn the location of the Autobot base and send in my strike team to stain its floor with the spilled Energon of Optimus Prime."

I looked at (Y/N) who looked worried. I can't blame her. But I really don't think that Starscream will achieve his goal. When has he ever? Almost never, as far as I'm aware. Hours passed and we had heard nothing from Makeshift. He hasn't told us the location or even opened their Groundbridge to the location we gave him. I've been waiting patiently while Starscream just checked on him every ten minutes.

(Y/N) defiantly wasn't looking that great during the wait. She must be as desperate for Starscream and Makeshift to fail as I am. To try and calm her, I picked a random song from her music playlist and encouraged her to just, as humans would say, let loose and dance. She was confused as to why I was playing it until I encouraged her to dance.

I wish I could join her but I don't know how to dance and I don't want the crew and Starscream I've suddenly gone soft, which I'm not denying that I have. And I think my plan worked. She slowly became more comfortable and just let loose. Just as the song I played suggested, she's dancing her stress away. I smiled under my visor. It wasn't long until I looked at the cell Wheeljack was being held in to see that he was trying to escape. I said nothing to Starscream. But we did go outside to get ready for when Makeshift opened the Autobot's Groundbridge. 

"Are you certain we are at the coordinates you supplied to Makeshift?" Starscream asked to which I nodded in reply, "Then what is taking him?!"

"Maybe they gave your boy such a hero's welcome, he got the warm and fuzzies and decided to switch sides," Wheeljack said from behind us

"Do you not see that you are vastly outnumbered?"

"I see fellas who might vastly enjoy watching me pound some dents into you."

I would love to see that. Starscream ordered the troops to attack while we stayed out of the way. Wheeljack just attacked them all. I looked at (Y/N) who had joined us here and she was hiding behind my leg. She most certainly doesn't want any part of this. Starscream fired one of his missiles at Wheeljack but that didn't stop him from returning to the fight. Even tackling Starscream to the ground.

A Groundbridge opened which I can only guess belonged to the Autobots. Did I attempt to stop him from going through? No, I didn't. Wheeljack jumped in and the Groundbrige closed. And yet, no Makeshift. Because of this, we waited for him to open the Groundbridge again or the Autobots to give him back. Well, the portal opened again and Starscream ordered the troops to go in.

But they just came running out along with Makeshift who was thrown into Starscream. I heard (Y/N) giggle at that. The portal closed again and Starscream asked Makeshift if he at least learned the location of the base. Makeshift said that he did but, before he could reveal anything, Starscream started to run away. The grenade on his waist had been activated! I quickly grabbed (Y/N) and flew off with Starscream. What did I say before? Starscream would never achieve his goal. But I saved (Y/N) from being blown up so I don't care. As long as she's safe.