Chapter Seventeen: The fall of Darkmount and Soundwave's luck

Practically everyone was terrified to see this creature. And I don't blame them.

"A Predacon," Starscream said shocked, "They've been extinct since the beginning of Cybertronian history."

"Indeed. But the specimen you see before you was bred in the laboratory, cloned from fossilized remains, which I discovered on Cybertron," Shockwave explained

"Shockwave, it does my spark good to see you once again tampering with creation," Megatron said walking towards it

"Master, please! Keep your distance!" Starscream advised

"No need for alarm. The Beast is completely under my control," Shockwave said

This thing is even bigger than Megatron! I'm surprised he isn't intimidated by this beast!

"Such primal magnificence," Megatron admired

"A sample of Energon, from Wheeljack," Shockwave said holding up the sample, "spilled during the Autobot's failed interrogation."

Shockwave held it up to the Predacon who just looked at it.

"Let the hunt begin," Megatron said

The Predacon started to go a bit berserk before flying off to find Wheeljack. I decided to go on a walk on the warship while the Predacon was busy. I'm still keeping (Y/N) near me so Shockwave doesn't get a hold of her for experiments. And I've seen some of his mad experiments. Not something I'd wish on anyone to endure. But I soon saw someone who I never thought I'd see again. Smokescreen.

He spotted me and asked for my help. Optimus' condition was getting worse and Smokescreen was here for the Forge of Solus Prime to repair him. I motioned for him to follow me and we made our way to the storage vault. But, on our way there, we heard Starscream approaching. I only know it was him because he was ranting to Knockout.

Smokescreen grabbed me and took me into the wall using the phase shifter. With him still holding on to me, we backed up until we were in another room. But Smokescreen turned to see that we were in Airachnid's status pod and jumped out. I was wondering what happened to her. But at least we're in the storage vault now. I got Smokescreen's attention and pointed to the Forge. 

"Um, Soundwave? Why have you been helping me?" Smokescreen asked

'(Y/N) has told us how compassionate you have been since meeting her. You would make a great Autobot,' I played the recording of Optimus' offer for me to join their cause.

"So, you're trying to help us until you make a decision?" I nodded, "Well, I'll make sure to tell Optimus about your help."

I let Smokescreen leave with the forge.

"But, you could've gone with him. You could join the Autobots and stop serving Megatron," (Y/N) said

'Not yet,' I said using audio from the musical 'Hamilton: Yorktown (the world turned upside down)'

I took (Y/N) to the Bridge and continued my surveillance on Earth. It wasn't too long until one of the Autobots humans had sent a text to someone again. Starscream sent some troops after them when we got another signal. Troops were sent there too. I made no attempt to tell Starscream that this was most likely the Autobots trying to make us venerable for their attack. After that, we got a distress signal from one of our Energon mines. Starscream sent the Insecticons to handle it. But then I heard the news I didn't really want to hear. 

'There must be some mistake, Commander Starscream. The mine is not under attack,' A trooper told him

"What? How can that--?"

"Starscream!" Megatron interrupted, "Explain why my forces are scattering across this globe."

"Uh, renegade Autobot mischief, Lord Megatron!" Starscream explained walking over, "I am in the process of deducing how they are infiltrating our communications systems without a base of--"

I interrupted him by showing that the old Decepticon ship, the Harbinger, was where the Autobots were achieving their distractions

"The Harbinger!" Starscream realized

"You left abandoned Decepticon technology fully operational and unsecured?" Megatron asked him

"Allow me to correct my oversight immediately."

Starscream had his armada ready. He asked me to open a Groundbride to the Harbinger when the Warship shook a bit. The Autobots are attacking. 

"Since it would seem that Darkmount is under attack, kindly redirect all efforts toward ensuring that our invaders are eradicated!" Megatron ordered. 

I don't think it worked because everything kept shaking. But Shockwave suggested that we used the Predacon again. I'm not really sure what the outcome of this battle was because I stayed on the warship with (Y/N). But I finally had my time to relax from all the work I've been doing. Well, it was all temporary. I was quickly put on a mission with Shockwave to collect a Predacon bone for new clones.

With Shockwave being there, I know he would snitch on me if I dared to do anything out of line on that mission. We managed to save a tooth from the whole jaw that the Autobots took from us. As we only needed a sample of the bone for a Predacon, the tooth was all we needed. We returned to the Warship after that. not even a day later, our lost Predacon had returned. But I did want to inform the Autobots of Megatron's plan.

But, when I tried to contact them, our communications were down so I couldn't tell them. I reported this to Megatron and went to Starscream about it. It was revealed that the Predacon had destroyed it while Starscream was taking care of the Predacon. I had it repaired but then I remembered something. The Autobots frequency had recently changed. And I have no idea what it is so I can't tell them anything! Great.

Luck is on my side, isn't it? But at least I did handle one thing that had been annoying me for a long time. So, Starscream created a Terracon out of Silas who let Airachnid free. She killed Silas but I was the one who later encountered Airachnid and the entire Insecticon Hive at her side.

She vowed that the world would hear my screams when she and her army terminated me. We'll see about that. As she and the hive charged at me, I set the Spacebrige for a moon on Cybertron and sent them all there. I'm satisfied. And now the two people (Y/N) felt threatened by is out of the way. She can feel safer now. And I got my proper revenge on Airachnid.