Chapter Nine: Orion Pax and a missing fox

Orion Pax is currently in isolation to help him catch up with his 'time in stasis' and, when he's allowed to wander around freely, he is to be treated nicely. And Megatron said that, whoever addresses him as 'Optimus Prime', will have their voice box torn out. Luckily I don't use mine. Airachnid expressed her concerns about Orion being on the ship.

But it was revealed to me that the former Autobot leader has lost all of his memories of being a Prime when he sacrificed the Matrix of Leadership to save Earth. But I wasn't too focused on the people and events happening around me. Megatron has tasked me with clearing anything to do with Optimus. Or at least encrypt the truth so he can't look at the past or future that he can't remember.

This forced me to spend less time with (Y/N) so she will spend a lot of her time alone. Primus forbid when I try to give her even a second of attention. Megatron would just tell me to get back to work. I know he's in a hurry to get Orion to work on the Iacon Database but I can spare a few minutes. I finally got the work finished but I was soon given a new task. I had to monitor Orion's work, the whole ship, and our Spacebridge.

The last two were in case the Autobots tried a rescue mission. I didn't make an attempt to argue and just did as I was told. But I did try something sneaky. I made the inscriptions that were hiding the information about Optimus a bit easier to get through so maybe Orion can learn the truth and return to the Autobots. Not that Megatron would notice anyway. He trusts me to do my best. In the months to follow, (Y/N) and I were growing further apart.

Our goal was to grow closer like (Y/N) said when we met but we're doing the opposite. Megatron has made me work non-stop for the past two months while Orion worked on the Iacon Database. But the Autobots finally started to make some progress on rescuing Orion. Arcee made it onto the Warship while Knockout and Breakdown arrived back with the power source Bulkhead stole. I had to show Megatron the commotion.

Airachnis wanted to 'welcome Arcee aboard' but Megatron stopped her. He didn't want Orion to get curious and watch an Autobot get terminated. So I was tasked with escorting her off the ship. My way of doing that was to set a Groundbridge to somewhere random on Earth. Sorry, Arcee but I don't want Megatron getting suspicious of me. 

"I heard a commotion," Orion said from behind me. 

You heard NOTHING! I looked at him before leaving. I want this all to be over now. Megatron put me back to work. I don't want to work anymore. I want to be with (Y/N). I want to spend time with her instead of doing this. I don't even know where she is, it's been that long! I hate being away from her for so long. But, I might be getting closer to seeing her again because Orion has finally found out who he really is.

Starscream, who managed to sneak onto the ship, accidentally gave him the hint that he's no longer supposed to be Orion Pax. Good job, Starscream. You're not completely useless. But he became even more useful when the Autobots suddenly took over our Spacebridge. I can only assume it was him because I didn't tell them anything. Of course, I only found that when I detected one of our sentries on Cybertron had been activated.

Our Spacebridge had been set for Cybertron and remained open. This was the Autobot's attempt to find the new Matrix of Leadership and restore Optimus. I set a Groundbridge to the Spacebridge who went through to handle the Autobots. I started hovering around the area Orion was working to see if he decided to escape. Well, the blaster fire I heard from inside suggested that he did. He walked out and I happily sent him to Megatron.

That should keep him occupied for a while. I have a human to search for. I was a walking wanted poster trying to ask the troops if they had seen (Y/N). None had seen her until Trooper 5t3v3 said he put her somewhere on Earth at her own request. She left for Earth and said nothing to me? Well, I was too busy. He gave me the location and I went to find her.

No surprise, it was a forest. Okay, time to search for her in this very large, labyrinth area. I started to walk around and use whatever I had to find any kind of human life. I walked around for a few hours until I found her sitting on a cliff edge. I didn't realize this was one of those areas. I sat by her to see she had her eyes closed but facing the stars.

"I was starting to think you forgot about me," (Y/N) said opening her eyes and looking at me.

I showed her a sad face in response.

"I'm sorry but I just wanted to give you time to work on what Megatron ordered you to do," (Y/N) said

Her ears suddenly perked up and she looked back at the stars. I looked too but saw nothing. I looked back at her to see her smiling. Can she hear something I can't? Because I wanted to be by her side properly, I activated my holoform and sat with her. She looked at me and looked startled at first until she recognized me as the person who saved her from the security guard. She apologized for running that day but I gave her the hint that it was alright. 

"You know, you look better in your human form. Except..." She took my visor off, "You look better without it. And I get to look at your violet eyes. They're very beautiful."

I smiled at her compliment. 

"By the way, can you speak and just choose not to, or can you not speak at all?" (Y/N) asked

I put up one finger to say the first part was right.

"Oh, you're a selective mute," I nodded, "Well, I'd like to hear your voice someday when you're comfortable. But, at the moment, I'll be happy with your silence. Because you're just as special to me with or without a voice."

And she gave me a hug. A proper hug. We could never have a proper hug because I always used my normal form. After some slight hesitation, I hugged her back. She promised me she wouldn't leave my side like this again, no matter how busy I was. I think I hugged her a little tighter hearing that. I don't want to lose her. And I promised myself to spend as much time with her as I can. She's the best thing that's ever come into my life.