Chapter Nineteen: Synthesis

Ratchet was taken to Shockwave where he looked for the rest of the Synthetic Energon formula via the Cortical Psychic patch. He found nothing about it being complete but he was still working on it. I'm waiting for the Autobots to start searching for the Warship and hope I'm right to let Megatron blow up their base again. Optimus said to do as Megatron asked so that's what I'm doing. But Megatron took me, Starscream, and (Y/N) to the cell Ratchet was being kept in. 

"Are you through poking around inside my head?" Ratchet asked, "You didn't find what you wanted, did you? Or else you wouldn't be here."

"What I want apparently does not yet exist," Megatron said.

"And that would be?"

"We would very much like for you to complete your work on the formula for synthetic Energon."

"Even if I were capable, do you think that I would hand you a limitless supply of fuel and ammunition just so you can turn around and use it against the Autobots?" Ratchet turned away.

"Oh, you misunderstand, dearest Ratchet. I intend to use your formula for the purpose of creation, not destruction," Ratchet turned back around, "We have fortuitously discovered that your Synth-en, when combined with cyber-nucleic acid, may in fact form the basis for an alternative cyber-matter."

"You are attempting to rebuild the Omega Lock," Ratchet made out like he worked that out. Good cover-up.

"We stand on the verge of a great moment in time, you and I. The restoration of our very homeworld."

"Collaborate with the barbarian who essentially destroyed our planet in the first place? Who sadistically crushed Bumblebee's voice box while looking him in the eye? No, thank you."

"Then I present you with a choice: Complete your research, or..."

I walked forward and showed him a picture of Raf, Jack, and Miko.

"Are these humans supposed to mean something to me?" Ratchet asked

"If not, I am certain this will," Megatron said

I showed a recording of their new base.

"As you must certainly be aware, we know the location of your current base. Accept my offer, and I will allow your fellow Autobots and human pets to remain unharmed," Megatron said, "Think it over, good Doctor."

We walked out. 

"My liege, you aren't really going to allow the Autobots to remain operational?" Starscream asked

"Of course not," Megatron said, "Assemble your armada, Starscream, and decimate their base once again."

I'm scared now. What if I've just accidentally killed the Autobots? So much for trying to join them if that does happen. Well, it was blown up but I had to be sure. Once I was alone, I contacted the Autobots as I was finally connected to their comm link signal just to check on them. Optimus assured me that they were all alive and Starscream was fooled by a simple paint job. Oh, good. I was secretly updated from there about what was going on.

They found the Transponder and were using that to try and contact the warship. So that's how they planned to find us. I did have to send a message saying that I would have to report that to Megatron to avoid suspicion. Optimus allowed me to and assured me he would ensure he reached the Warship. Well, he should hurry. Because the Omega Lock is complete and now we're waiting for the Cybermatter to be completed. 

"We stand at the very precipice of a new age," Megatron said seeing the Omega Lock had been completed. 

It's now that I detected Laserbeak's transponder and reported it to Megatron

"What do you mean our scanners have detected Laserbeak's signal?" Megatron asked, "Starscream... you did destroy the Autobot base, did you not?"

"With great fervor, my Lord," Starscream said, "Why do you ask?"

"Because Laserbeak's frequency has been detected on radar."

"But that's not possible. He's right here in Soundwave's torso."

"Which is why this would appear to be an Autobot trick. Designed to uncover our position and rescue a certain prisoner. But then, one has to wonder, how would they possibly manage to execute such a complex task without the proper facilities?"

"I, uh, um... Allow me to troubleshoot."

I knew this would backfire! But Ratchet did make an attempt to steal the completed formula so Shockwave couldn't have it. Unfortunately, Knockout told Megatron who stopped him from escaping. Now we have what we need to complete the Omega Lock. And Ratchet was given to Predaking to kill. But I got worse news in the middle of that. Starscream had shot down whatever Laserbeaks Transponder was attached to.

I was ready to disable our cloaking device when I was given orders from Megatron. I was piloting the ship. I was told to put the Omega Lock into the position I was given. But before that, I put (Y/N) in my room sensing there was going to be a battle soon. I did as asked when we got news from a troop that Predaking had gone off a rampage and was headed straight for us. Megatron left to deal with it. I'm alone with some troops. I took the opportunity to deactivate the cloaking device when I heard the voice of someone I thought was dead.

'Autobot base, do you read? This is Ratchet. Can anyone hear me?'

'Loud and clear, old friend,' Optimus said relieved.

He's alive! Thank Primus! All the Autobots and humans cheered over the comm but Ratchet stopped them

'Listen to me, Soundwave was right. Megatron has managed to rebuild the Omega Lock onboard his warship. Soundwave has deactivated the Decepticon shielding system. You should be able to get a fix on our coordinates,' We heard blaster fire in the background, 'Optimus, you must hurry. Megatron is preparing to cyberform Earth as we speak.'

And he went offline.

'Ratchet? Autobots, lock on to those coordinates and prepare to storm the warship,' Optimus ordered

I have never been happier to take orders! I stayed where I was while Optimus made what felt like his final speech.

'Members of Team Prime, Autobot, Decepticon, and human, it has been my honor to lead you. On this day, the fates of two worlds hang in the balance, and the battle to come may very well be our last. But for Earth, for Cybertron, for our comrade Ratchet, we must take the Decepticon warship.'

This is it. This battle will determine who will win. For good. And the day I will prove myself worthy of being an Autobot.