Chapter Three: Change

I would spend most of my time setting up a little living space for (Y/N). It was all stolen from human shops. I had gotten her a bed, somewhere to sit, some food, clothes that I thought would suit her, other necessities, and anything to make her more comfortable. Thinking she enjoyed listening to human music, I had gotten her what humans call an iPod which I downloaded some human music she might like and some Earphones.

I gave her the small device which she took from me. She put in the Earphones and played one of the songs I had put on there. (Y/N) just enjoyed that while I continued my part. But I can't help but notice that (Y/N) is almost as quiet as I am. She will talk occasionally but she'll mostly stay quiet. Well, at least I've only noticed that when we're around the rest of the crew. Perhaps that's another reason why Megatron let her stay. Because she's so quiet like me.

She might be more talkative if I was. But I'm not ready to speak to anyone. At least not with my own voice. A few hours after Megatron's arrival, he left to attend to something. Starscream offered an assist but Megatron told him to be quiet and wait for his command. I walked over to Starscream leaving (Y/N) to her music.

"Soundwave!" Starscream said startled, "I fear that, when our master reached for the stars, he came down with a touch of space madness. Lord Megatron has not been of sound judgment since his return. Increase global surveillance."

'Quit groveling and await my command,' I reminded Starscream with a recording of Megatron.

"I'm not deaf! But if Optimus Prime lives, I believe it is in Megatron's best interest that we ensure his enemes' destruction."

Starscream is my commanding officer so there's not much else I can do here. I did as I was told and looked for any mention of the Autobots. But that didn't take long as I found a message a human had sent to someone in the human government. I played the message for Starscream who ordered me to collect this Agent Fowler. I deployed Lazerbeak to collect him while we made our way around the area he's in.

I looked over at (Y/N) who was looking quite happy with the music that was playing. Then again, she's a very happy human. I have given the hint a few times about getting revenge on any hunters that hurt her but she didn't want revenge. She was letting the future decide what to do with them. It's now that I've met her and listened to her outlook on life that makes me think I'm fighting on the wrong side. But I fear there's no turning back now.

There's too much trust in me. The whole Decepticon cause trusts me with everything. But I also fear that I'm not free from the Decepticons until Megatron has been terminated. I won't do it myself. I'll let the Autobots do that if they ever do. For now, I have to keep everyone's trust in me. Lazerbeak arrived back with Agent Fowler and he was taken away for questioning.

"What is Starscream going to do with him?" (Y/N) asked me

'Autobot base, eh? Fetch me this Fowler so that he may brief us instead,' I played the recording of Starscream's order.

"He won't say anything. Agents are trained to keep their mouth shut, no matter what."

I nodded to reply that she was right. But, while Starscream was questioning Agent Fowler, The Autobots had arrived to save him. But they had three humans to accompany them. Teenagers at that. I decided to use them as an advantage for the Autobots. The three were left at the Bridge so I put in the equations for our Spacebridge onto one of the screens.

They had the idea to download it but they don't have a proper transfer drive. That's when a troop walk in and they all hid. Well, except for the youngest who was getting their bag. The troop saw them and made an attempt to kill the human. They were saved and one of the humans took a picture of the trooper and what was displayed on the screen. Good.

I stopped watching from there. But I did see that the Autobots and the humans escaped safely. And the best part is, Megatron and Starscream will never know that I helped them. No one must ever know. Megatron arrived back and I updated him on what Starscream did while he was away. And I don't regret it.

"Please, Lord Megatron, I meant no-" Starscream was cut off with a punch in the mouth.

"I ordered you to await my command!" Megatron back-handed him across the room, "Instead, your mindless agenda resulted in the disabling of my ship and the delay of my plans!"

Starscream backed away, "My intentions were pure, master. I only wanted you to be rid of Optimus."

Megatron stood on his face for that, "NO ONE RIDS ME OF OPTIMUS PRIME BUT ME! DO YOU UNDERSTAND? DO YOU?!"

"Lord Megatron, I will make things right. I swear! I know how to set your plans back on course!"

Megatron took his ped off of Starscream and picked him up by his neck, "Explain, Starscream, quickly."

I heard (Y/N) whimper so I looked down to see her hiding behind my leg looking terrified. After some quick research, I learned that foxes get easily startled by loud noises and shouting. Having a feeling that Megatron's yelling might continue, I picked (Y/N) up and made my way out of the Bridge. 

"Thanks, Soundwave. But why is no one helping Starscream? He's being abused," (Y/N) said

I looked at her. It wasn't until now that I really realized that all the times Megatron had beaten Starscream, he was just abusing him for failing. And that has only ever happened to Starscream. I don't regret today's one because that was my revenge for mentioning Ravage. But all the other times, I would just watch. 

"Abuse isn't right. Don't let Megatron make you think it is. It's just toxic."

She's right. And I know she is. I won't let Megatron's actions get the better of me. Especially to (Y/N). She's been through enough.