Chapter Four: Megatron lives on

No surprise that Starscream is back in Megaron's favor and now I have a mission. We don't have exact control of the Spacebridge on the Warship thanks to Bulkhead breaking our navigation satellite so I'm having to pinpoint the location of Cybertron with human satellites. I broke into one of the largest satellite facilities on Earth with (Y/N) and started to look for Cyberton using the satellites.

I only brought (Y/N) with me so she can look out for the Autobots humans pets. I hope they gave the Autobots the information I gave them. I hacked into the satellites and aimed them for Cybertron. Only for it to go off course. The humans. Starscream asked me what was happening so I looked through the security cameras. They were in the room next to me. Just to check, I aimed for Cybertron again and they reset my efforts.

I've already done so much for them that I can't let them win otherwise Megatron will become suspicious. I gave (Y/N) the hint to go and deal with them while I stayed busy. (Y/N) walked into the room and started to distract them. This gave me enough time to lock onto Cybertron again. I saw that (Y/N) managed to grab an axe and run off with it. She came back to me where I motioned her to destroy the cables.

She did as she was told and now the satellites are permanently locked onto Cybertron. I took (Y/N) and prepared to leave when the other humans ran in. One of them took a picture of (Y/N) and me so I took one of them. No particular reason. I just wanted to remember them. I transformed around (Y/N) and flew off back to the warship. Unfortunately, when we arrived back, we got some news from Starscream. 

"Decepticons, it is with deep sorrow that I note for the log... Megatron's spark... has been extinguished. All. Hail. Starscream."

No! This would have been the best opportunity to leave the Decepticons but Starscream has taken over! I can't leave now! But, I kept my composure and didn't react. I'll find another way. Almost a day later, Starscream was replaying security footage of the Spacebridge explosion that killed Megatron. He almost admired the death of our former leader. If Starscream would die the same way, it would be a blessing to all of us, not just me. I walked over to him.

"Ah, Soundwave. Cue the Audio/Visual. I wish to address the troops."

As you wish, Starscream. I did as he asked and he started his speech.

"The loss of Megatron, leader of the great Decepticon uprising, is certainly a blow to our cause. Yet we mustn't despair over his tragic demise but instead embrace his ultimate sacrifice and build upon the foundation he laid with an even mightier hand."

"With all due respect, Commander Star- uh, Lord Starscream," Trooper 5t3v3 spoke up

"Yes, yes. What is it?" Starscream asked 

"If we failed to conquer Earth under Lord Megatron's command, what hope do we have now while the Autobots still defend it?"

Starscream sighed, "Allow me to be crystal clear: I studied for millennia under our former master. Thus, I am equipped to lead you. I, Megatron's true heir, Lord Starscream, Emperor of Destruction!"

I almost blew my cover with a laugh. 'Emperor of Destruction'? Really? Any destruction he has caused has been as a result of his failures. I have enough records of that to support that statement. The others just mumbled to themselves. Annoyed with the lack of praise, he started to storm off.

"What good are troops who can't rise to the task of inflicting unspeakable destruction in my name?" Starscream started to think, "But wait. Legend tells of one capable warrior, one who exists here, upon this very planet, one who can be student to my master."

I almost don't want to know who he's talking about. But I had to go with him, much to my dismay. And I wasn't allowed to take (Y/N) with me. I assigned Trooper 5t3v3 to take care of her. I followed Starscream into the middle of nowhere where he had me scan for Decepticon signals besides ours. I could find a signal but I tried to lie making it look like I couldn't pinpoint it. Starscream just told me to boost my sensors.

I did that and the signal was easy to pinpoint. So much for my efforts. Starscream and I went to the location where we saw an ancient stasis pod in the rocks. A giant one at that. Who is in here that they're twice as tall as me? Then again, most bots are taller than me. Megatron was much taller than me, anyway. Anyway, we pulled the stasis pod out as much as we could before Starscream inserted an Energon cube into a slot of the pod.

As the infusion started to work, the pod started to glow a bright blue. The pod doors opened to reveal a bot I haven't seen since the war. Skyquake. Although, he refused to bow before Starscream as he was still loyal to Megatron. Starscream broke the news to him that Megatron had been terminated which he refused to accept. I thought he would. I left to the top of the ravine ready to leave.

But, thankfully for Starscream, who was ready to get beaten by Skyquake, Optimus Prime arrived. Megatron had ordered Skyquake to annihilate him during the Battle of Technar. I remember that Battle. We lost. Optimus pointed out that that battle was a long time ago. But, even so, Skyquake's orders still stand. Optimus asked if this war was still worth fighting when so many comrades and worlds have been lost because of it.

Optimus gave Starscream some advice to be a true leader: Stray from Megatron's path and lead the Decepticons towards peace. That's not such a bad idea. But Starscream was only willing to consider a trust if Optimua was willing to bow to him. Having enough of the whole bowing thing, Skyquake back-handed Starscream making him hit the wall of the ravine. He transformed and flew away.

Optimus tried to convince Skyquake to side with the Autobots and to help them end this conflict forever. But Skyquake refused and they started to fight. Starscream joined me to watch the fight from above. But I had something better to offer and to get some time alone. I had found a Decepticon life signal in the sight of our destroyed Spacebridge. It can only be one person; Megatron. How could he still live?

No one can survive a blast like that. Starscream claimed that my scanners were faulty and told me to ignore them and delete the coordinates. But, keeping my cover that I'm still loyal to Megatron, I persisted that Starscream went to investigate. So, he left me to record the fight between Optimus and Bumblebee. But I'm not taking any chances with him so I deployed Lazerbeak to watch over him. Long story short, Skyquake was terminated and Megatron was found alive. So, he was taken to the Warship where he was hooked up to life support. I'm never escaping the Decepticons at this rate.