Chapter 10

The next day, we were casually sitting eating dinner, when the alarm turned on. Tony jumped off his chair.

"Jarvis, what's happening?!" He shouted at the roof.

"A creature has been spotted on 24th street, sir." Jarvis casually responded.

"Suit up." He told everyone, and we all went to our own rooms or the workshop to get our suits. I went to my room, I don't know honestly. I didn't have any armor that I had left at camp when I left a year ago. I looked around, seeing if there was something I had to bring. Then my eyes landed on my desk. A long sword laid there. The sun reflected in the blade. I don't know how it got there, it was probably one of the Avengers who placed it there. I quickly grabbed it, and strapped the belt around my waist, and put the sword in its sheath.

When I entered the living room again, all of the Avengers were there. The only one missing was Bruce.

"Where's Bruce?" I asked.

"He won't be joining us, we don't think it's code green." Steve told me. I nodded, and we headed to the elevator. But I quickly started walking towards the stairs.

"Come on, the elevator is obviously faster than taking the stairs." Stark complained.

"I don't care, I'm not getting inside that box. And besides, I need the training." I told them, and ran down the stairs. I quickly ran down the stairs to floor level. But well, first I had to run down fifty floors. Yay. When I reached the bottom a single tear of sweat was crawling down my temple.

"Okay, that was pretty fast." Clint said, leaning against the wall.

"Come on, we have a fight to fight." Natasha said. We all followed her, and quickly arrived at 24th street. What met us shocked most of them. Me? No. It was simply a hellhound. A big hellhound.

"What is that?" Steve asked, raising his shield.

"That is a hellhound. Come on let's... Where's Thor?" I asked, looking at the four people standing next to me.

"He had some errands to do on Asgard." Tony said. I nodded, and we began fighting the hellhound. I slashed at it, and it jumped at me. I quickly impaled its mouth with my sword. I stepped back, waiting for the hellhound to turn to dust. But after ten seconds I realized it wasn't turning to dust. It simply just got the sword out of its mouth, and attacked Tony who was in the air. Why hadn't it died? I quickly picked up the sword from the ground, and studied it. Then it occured to me. The sword was made from normal iron. It wasn't made from Celestial Bronze, Imperial Gold or Stygian Iron. It couldn't kill the hellhound. They were doomed if none of the other's weapons couldn't kill it.

He looked up as he saw Ironman blast at the hellhound, it just growled even more and got angrier. Natasha, Steve, and Clint were also trying to kill it, but failed. They couldn't kill the dog of the Underworld, and my powers didn't work, so that was just great (mind the sarcasm).

"Guys! We can't kill it! Only hurt it!" I yelled to the others.

Natasha looked at me and kept a safe distance from the monster. "Why can't we kill it?" She yelled back.

"To kill monsters from the Greek World your weapons either have to be made out of Celestial Bronze, Imperial Gold or Stygian Iron, and since none of you have killed it means your weapons are made out of iron or something like that. You can also kill monsters if you have special powers from your Godly parent or from somewhere else." I yelled back. Everyone stopped. Except for Tony who was distracting the hellhound by shooting at it.

"Then why don't you just use your water powers?" Clint asked, he looked like he was about to give up on everything.

"Wish I could, but my powers have been failing me lately, and the stunt I did yesterday was probably the last time I'll be able to use them." I said, and dodged when the hellhound got bored of Tony and ran towards me.