Chapter 19

I looked up at the ceiling, rethinking every decision I had made in my eighteen years long life. Yes, I was thinking, and when I'm thinking nothing good comes out of it. Because the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to do it... Help them. But I had told them no. They didn't need me. Even though they had almost been on their knees to ask me for help.

I sighed as I sat up. They were the ones who betrayed me. They told me to leave. They blamed me for Luke Castellans murder, even though he sacrificed himself to save everyone. They didn't need me. They just wanted to use me. Yes. Use me. Like the Gods. Like everyone has been doing in my whole fucking life! I got up from the couch and walked out in the kitchen to make a cup of coffee, since I didn't have any alcohol and I didn't feel like drinking water.

I poured the coffee in a coffee mug and walked over to the couch again and sat down. I fanned at the steam, and took a small sip from the coffee. I was really gonna do this? I might regret it later. But I guess they need me.. Do they even need me? No, they have it under control. Right? Right? Ugh, why's life gotta be so hard?

I stood up and placed the coffee mug on the table and walked out in the hallway and put on my shoes and a jacket, and grabbed my small dagger. Yes, I still had a weapon, who do you think I am? Monsters still come after me sometimes. Gotta be prepared. I walked out the door and locked it after me, then ran down the stairs and out on the street. I half ran and half walked fast over to the train station. I bought a ticket and found a free spot on the train, and sat down. I was really gonna do this, wasn't I? I looked out of the window as the train began moving. This was gonna take some time, but I didn't have a car, and I didn't want to call Nathan for a ride. After all, he moved to Manchester to escape the Greek world, just like me. But now I had broken my promise, and I was going back to NYC. New York City. I sighed and leaned my head against the train's window and closed my eyes, and let the darkness engulf me.

I woke up to the speakers in the train telling us that we were in Boston. Shit! I had to get out here! I shot up and ran to the doors, I got out just before the doors closed and started to walk to South Station and got on the right train there. Sadly there weren't any free seats, so I had to stand up. At one stop I got a seat so I didn't have to stand up for four hours. Yay! I quickly dozed off to sleep again.

I woke up again when we reached Pennsylvania Station. I walked off the train and walked the rest of the way to New York. I breathed in the air of NYC and smiled. It had only been two weeks since I'd last been here, but I had still missed the city. I hailed a taxi and told the dude to drive me to the Empire State Building, since I figured that's where the fight must be. If not, I would check Camp.

"No problem." And then the taxi dude speeded to the Empire State Building. I stepped out of the car a street from the building and walked the rest of the way. When I arrived there was quiet. Well as quiet as there can be in New York. I walked to the entrance, I couldn't see or hear any fighting. Were they fighting on Olympus or was the fight only at camp? I walked over to the man behind the desk, and looked at him.

"I would like the key for the 600th floor." I said, he looked up at me, then down at his book again.

"No such thing, kid." He said and turned a page.

"Give me the dam ke-" I growled, but stopped as I heard the elevator open, and turned around. The two people had stopped and were now staring at me, just like I was staring at them.

"Percy?" The girl asked as if she couldn't believe I actually was there.

"Katie, where are the others?" I ask her. She frowns.

"The others?" She frowns. "There's no one else here except for me and Travis." She pointed to Travis who was standing next to her. They were both wearing greek armor and had their weapons.