1.21 Danse Macabre

WARNING: Disturbing content, non-con

"No," I affirmed as I slowly rose from the ground. "I'm not staying with you."

Stefan narrowed his eyes in disbelief. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying I'm leaving you." I went to touch the fresh bite mark on my neck but winced in pain at how sensitive it was. "I don't belong here."

As I opened my status window, I felt relieved to see it say mission accomplished. Now all that's left is to leave this place for good.

"Yes, you do!" Stefan persisted as he started to walk towards me. "You belong by my side!"

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I yelled as his hand was inches away from my face. "We are not the same!" I reaffirmed.

As Stefan stared at his hand, his face hardened. "Yes, we are. Over the next few days, you'll slowly transition into a vampire... just like me." Stefan rested both of his hands on my shoulders. "We'll never be lonely. We'll always have each other. Don't you think that's beautiful?"

"I'm not going to become a vampire." I maintained as I looked Stefan angrily in the eyes. "Sorry, but you're going to be all alone again."

Stefan's grip on me tightened as I felt his claws sink into my skin. I wanted to wince from the pain, but I knew I had to stand my ground. "Do you think that bite wasn't enough?" Stefan asked in disbelief. "Fine, I'll make sure to infect you properly this time then!"

I knew at that moment that Stefan had lost all reason. Rather than resist, I simply allowed him to have his way with me. He'll see in the end that he only has himself to blame for being left alone again.

As Stefan sank his fangs into the other side of my neck, I started to see spots in my vision. Ah, I was familiar with this feeling. I was slowly dying.

"IS THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU?" Stefan roared in anguish as he sank his fangs back into my neck. As I felt my soul slowly slip away from this body, I smiled.

I'm finally free. I can leave for the next world. Hopefully, it's a warmer place filled with nice people.

As my body finally went limp, Stefan snapped out of his own bloodlust. "Vana?" He whispered. "VANA?"

As Stefan held my corpse in his arms, he wailed in anguish as he pleaded for me to wake up. But I never did. He was left all alone yet again.

"Hey, are you finally waking up?" A familiar voice called out to me.

Ugh. That annoyingly high-pitched voice, I remember it all too well.

"So, we meet again," I said sarcastically to the goddess of the afterlife. "Tell me why I shouldn't tackle you to the ground right here right now?" I asked as I folded my arms in suppressed anger.

"B-B-Because I haven't even rewarded you with your mission complete points yet!"

As I looked up at my status window, which was already opened, I received a small confirmation message.

Mission complete:
Reward - 1,000 points

"Is that it?" I asked in disappointment. Surely my time in that hell was worth more than just 1,000 points!

"N-No, I have yet to include your achievements!" The goddess hurriedly explained.

I remember her mentioning achievements. I'm hoping for at least 1,000 per achievement. I think that would be fair compensation for my time in that world.

Achievement List:
- Form a love triangle: +100 points
- Die at the hands of your capture target: +100 points
- Perfect a meal +100 points
- Get bitten by a vampire +100 points
- Meet another transmigrator for the first time +100 points

"Are you kidding me?" I said in complete disbelief. "That only gives me 1,500 points in total!" I raged.

"I-I'm sorry, it's against the rules for me to tamper with the point system." The goddess maintained. "I am afraid that you'll just have to live with it."

As I let out a huff in frustration, I rolled my eyes before I asked a question. "How many points does it take to retire to the afterlife anyway?" I asked in a bored tone.

"Did I not tell you? Oh dear, I apologise for that." The goddesses proceeded to tap on my status window before she turned it around to face me with a smile. "10,000 points!" She reaffirmed with a smile.

"You've got to be kidding! That's like ten missions in total, I can't do that many!"

The goddess cocked her head to the side naively. "Oh, why is that?"

"Oh. I don't know, maybe it's because..." I dropped my sarcastic tone and erupted into an angry roar. "I SEEM TO ATTRACT YANDERES WHEREVER I GO!"

"Oh right, that is quite unfortunate for you..."

I want to punch this goddess in the face so much right now. But alas, I must exercise restraint as I still require her assistance as we speak.

If I want to retire to the afterlife quickly then that means I'll need to spend my points sparingly. I guess I could fork aside the 500 I got from the achievements for a new skill...

"Okay, I thought about it." I started. "I'm just going to buy one skill, so which ones cost 500 or less?"

The goddess scratched her cheek in embarrassment. "Well, as I've mentioned previously, there's only one more skill that costs 500." The goddess proceeded to pull up the skill on the window. "It's the 'Haggler' skill."

I guess I'll have to make do with that for the time being. I'd be an idiot to venture into a new world without any preparation after all... "Fine, I'll take it."

"Good choice!" The goddess commented. "Now then, are you ready to go into the next world then?"

I sighed to myself. "Ready as I'll ever be..."

"Great! Have a safe journey and remember to try and stay clear of your stepbrother this time!" The goddess added in a cheery voice.

"WAIT! HE'LL ALSO BE IN THIS WORLD TOO?" I screamed as my consciousness faded to black.

So, you're telling me that I have to relive the same nightmare again? Ah geez, stop following me already!