Dreams or Memories

(Maya's POV*)

I woke up in the hospital and talked to Carisi, Munch, Nick, and Fin for a little, then i fell asleep for a little more.

(DREAM)

I'm sleeping in my old bed in my old house. I can hear screaming. I walk out of my room to see my mother pushed up against the wall. She was crying.

"Baby, run." she yelled to me, which made the man who was holding her turn around. It was my dad.

"Get back in your room, Now!" He yelled.

"No!" I yelled. My voice came out weak and sounding like i was only 9 again. I looked down to see that i was only 9. He let go of my mother and ran towards me. I turned around and went to run, except it felt like i was stuck. I couldn't move. I reached for the vase on the stand next to me and turned around and hit him in the face.

It took a chunk out of his face, he was bleeding, but then it was filled in my his regular face again. He picked me up, slammed me against the wall and slapped me.

"You will never talk to me like that!" He yelled. I started to cry and nodded.

"Leave her alone!" My mother yelled. He dropped me and went back to her.

"No! Please stop!" I cried. He picked my mom up by the hair and dragged her into the bathroom.

"I love you baby!" She cried with a smile trying to be strong putting her arms out for me.

"Mommy!" I cried. I couldn't get up to her. I just sat there and cried. I heard the bath running and then my mother scream. I stood up and pounded on the door.

"Stop it! Please!" I yelled.

(End of dream)

I jumped up and gasped. I felt a tear escape my eye. Carisi, who was the only person in the room, laying on the couch, jumped up and ran over.

He saw the tears and my red face. He wrapped his arms around my upper body. I sitting up, so his chin rested on my head.

"Shhhh... It was just a dream." he said comfortably.

"It wasn't a dre-eam." I stuttered as more tears escaped my eyes. I was now sobbing.

"It was, it's okay." He said rubbing my back.

"No, it was a memory." I said realizing that that dream was real and was the last day i ever saw my mother.

"It's okay, don't worry." He said trying to calm me down.

"No, he won't stop until he kills me." I repleid realizing he won't.

"No, we he won't. We won't let him, I won't let him, I promise." He said in a soothing voice. He kept me in a hug. I could feel his heart pounding. He continued to rub my back. He went over the gun shot wound and i flinched and clenched my jaw together.

"You okay?" He asked bending down looking into my eyes.

"Yea," I nodded as i calmed down a bit.

"Okay good. You're safe now. We are going to catch this son of bitch." He said as he patted my leg and went back to couch.

I layed back down and stared at the white ceiling. My father killed my mother, and he is going to pay. Wether it is spending the rest of life in prison or he dies. I hate him. I always will hate him. I slowly fell asleep.