Captain's Office

(Maya's POV*)

Captain did not wait for the squad to get back, he went right into the interrogation room with her.

"How do you know Maya?" He asked her.

"Who, the girl out there? She is a liar." She said in a raspy voice.

"How?" Captain asked.

"She lied. My husband never touched her. We were just family friends." She whispered.

Captain waved his hand and walked away out to me watching through the one way mirror.

"Can I talk to her?" I asked.

"No, I don't think that is a good idea." He said shaking his head.

"Please." I said looking him the eyes.

He sighed. "Yes, but if you get uncomfortable or something, just say, umm, apples." I nodded and walked into the room.

"What do you want?" She asked rudely.

"Why do you think I am lying?" I asked as I sat across from her.

"Because he would never touch a little girl."

"But, he did. My father and him hurt me in my basement numerous times." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Liar." She whispered so low I could not hear her.

"What?" I asked.

"Liar!" She screamed as she stood up and pushed the table out of the way. In one motion she ran at me, grabbed my neck, and pushed me up against the glass. The glass cracked and my feet came off the ground.

In less than 10 seconds, captain came flying through the door, and pushed her off of me. I dropped to the ground and quickly got up and walked out of the room.

He came back out too. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded but the tears beat my strength and 3 tears escaped my eyes.

"It's okay." He said as he brought me into a hug. He hugged me and I hugged him back.

I felt a sharp pain in my legs where there was acid a while ago and then my knees gave in.

"Maya? Are you okay?" He asked holding me up a little.

"I can't feel my legs." I said holding back tears.

He laid me on the ground. "I need help in here!" Captain yelled as I started crying. He held my hand and Melinda came running in.

"Can you feel this?" Melinda asked pressing on one of my legs. I shook my head crying.

"Okay, can you push as hard as you can on my hand with you feet?" She said as I tried to move my legs, but I can't.

She looked at captain. "She can't move from the burn down. I think she has an infection. She might be paralyzed." She said. I cried a little more and Captain tried to hold tears back. Then I heard sirens and knew that my pain was not near over.