Denying

(Carisi's POV*)

We wait for almost 5 hours and just watch as Maya's small bruised chest rises and falls. She has stitches and bruises everywhere and a large cast on her foot.

Its been about 5 hours until her eye lids start to flutter. not it is almost 4. I jump up really quick and am at the edge of her bed.

When her eyes are fully open she looks right at me. Her eyes are full of fear and weakness.

"Maya?" I ask.

"Please don't hurt me." She whispers and squeezes her eyes closed.

"I wont i promise. Its Carisi." I say in a soothing tone.

She opens her eyes and looks at me slowly.

Before she could say anything she was up and in my arms.

"Please don't let them hurt me again Carisi. I don't like it." She sobs.

"I know, i know." I whisper with my hand on her back rubbing small circles on her back.

"Please." She sobs. Munch is so taken back he just stares at me.

"I know. We got you. Nobody is ever touching you again. I promise and nobody will ever hurt you. Ever again. Ever." I hug her tight.

She nods and shakes in my arms. Then she moans. I gently lay her back down.

"You alright?" I ask knowing she isn't.

"Yea." She nods and sniffs.

"Maya, you know we have to get a statement right?" Munch asks.

She slowly nods.

"Can you tell us what happened?" I ask.

"He hurt me." She whispers as she looks down.

"I know, but can you tell us how? Did he rape you Maya?" I ask.

She quickly looks up at me, i know the answer. "No." She answers fast looking scared.

"Maya, its okay you can tell us." 

"He didn't!" She cried. I tried to hug her but she pulled away. "He just didn't." She looked down.

"what?"

"They all did." I looked at her as a tear escaped my eye. I grabbed her and hugged her. She started sobbing. Then i started crying, i rested my head on hers and cried with her.

"Nobody is ever hurting you. I promise." I say soothingly.

"But they did. They hurt me. They touched me. 20 of them. I can feel them. See them. Smell them. Im scared. I don't know what to do." She continued to sob. 

"I know maya, i know. But we are going to help you through this." I whisper.

"No, i just want is to end. Everything to end."

"Maya..." I sigh.

"NO Carisi!" She yelled pulling away from me quickly. She almost fell of the side of the bed but Much jumped in a grabbed her, she quickly pulled away from him too. I stood up since i was sitting on her bed. "You don't get to give me sympathy." 

"Maya... Why?" Munch asked.

" 'Cause its my fault." She sighs.

"Maya don'-" I was cut off.

"Carisi, just stop, where's rafael?" She asks. Ill save that other thing for another conversation.

"In a couple rooms over why?" I answer.

"I wanna see him." She says.

"Maya, neither of you are in the shape for the walk."

"but-"

"Tomorrow? okay? Its 3 in the morning." I ask. She nods.

"Okay, well other people wanna see you so..." I say.

"No." She says. "I want you to stay."

"I know, but its not fair. Munch wants to stay so its only fair-" 

"Then neither of you go." She says.

"No it's okay, ima go let somebody else come in here. Ill see you later okay?" Munch says and Maya nods. "Okay." He says as he leaves the room.

"Maya do you want me to-" 

"Yes." I didnt even finish my sentence but she knew what i was gonna ask. she scoots over in her bed and i lay next to her. She cuddles into my stomach and sighs.

She closes her eyes. "Carisi?"

"Yea?" At this point Nick and Amanda both come in.

"Why?" She asks. She doesnt realize they are in the room since she buried her face into my chest.

"Maya, im going to tell you the truth okay?" Nick gives me a worried look because the truth will hurt her. But right now, i think the truth is the best thing for her. "because their parents molested them as a child, and so they think every child should grow up like that."

"No, i mean, 'why?'. about my dad." she says still not looking up at me.

"oh, maya i dont think.."

"Carisi, please." She says voice shaky.

I wait a sec. "Because your father was a fucking no good pervert. He was turned on by young children. He loved the way you looked like your mother, and thought what better way to relive her. He was a dumbass, and maya?"

"Hmm?" I can feel her shaking and her hitched voice.

"I hate him. I know you do too, but i truly hate him with a passion. For what he did to you and how he made you suffer. If he was still alive, i would personally shoot his brains out. And I love you Maya. I truly love you. Nobody will ever touch or hurt you again. I will always protect you cause i love you. I know you are sad cause your family sucked... but we are your family now and nobody can change that. Nobody." I look over and Nick and Amanda both have tears in their eyes. 

I wrap my arms around Maya and little bit tighter, and feel her still crying lightly. She moans a little at the force but it is okay. She continues like this until she falls asleep.

Nick and Amanda leave and go to the waiting room, but i stay. I slowly begin to fall asleep. With Maya right next to me. And i know, i will never let anything happen to her ever again. 

Never.