Rescue

(Carisi's POV*)

We all go running in. Nick, Olivia, And Fin take out Derrick by shooting him in the leg, and then taking him out to the trucks.

We all split up to find Maya.

"In here!" I hear Dawson yell. We all run to where he is. Maya is siting up straight on a mattress, with a ton of cuts, scrapes, and bruises. Dawson and I try to go up to her. But she looks so scared.

"No, please, no more." She starts to cry.

"Maya, its me. Carisi."

She starts to cry harder. "Don't look at me." She starts to sob into her hands. It doesn't help that the room is full of men. Then Lindsay comes in. She puts her hand on my shoulder and tried to walk up to Maya.

"Maya, sweetie, it is okay. Im linday, remember me? Im a girl." She says. Maya takes her face out of her hands and nods. Once Lindsay is in arms reach, she says "can you come here?"

Maya crawls over to her and flings herself on her. Lindsay almost falls back, she wraps her arms around Maya. Mayas head is on her shoulder and she is sobbing. Ive never seen her cry so hard.

"Call a bus." She mouths to me and i do. I leave the room. Why is Maya so scared of me?

Once i do, i go back in. They are in the same position they were in when i left.

I just watch.

"Maya, can i invite my friend Adam Ruzek over here? He is a guy, but he is a nice one. I promise." Lindsay asks. Maya cautiously nods and Lindsay waves Adam over. He comes over and kneels im front of Maya.

"Hi Maya, remember me." Maya nods with tears still pouring from her eyes. She switches from Lindsay to Adam and is now crying on his shoulder.

"Shh... Sweetie i got you." He whispers. "Can I pick you up?" He asks.

Maya nods but is still crying. Adam slowly lifts her up off the ground and Maya moans, she is clearly in pain. I feel like dropping to the floor and crying.

He starts to speed walk out the door. He runs to the ambulance.

The EMT's are both guys. Adam lays her on the gurney.

"Im going to see you at the hospital." He says and goes to turn around when Maya start to kick and scream. The EMTs were trying to touch her to get her temperature.

I watch from a distance. Lindsay goes over and holds Maya's arms down as one of the EMT's give her a shot to put her to sleep. Lindsay continues to say soothing things to Maya but nothing works until Maya is knocked out.

I climb into my car and start to follow the ambo to the hospital. So is everyone else.

"At Least she is alright." Amanda says trying to lighten the mood.

"Alright? She is the farthest thing from all right." I say. "She is traumatized" I whisper as a tear falls.

Amanda nods at my sudden out burst, ive never raised my voice to her. Im just scared. We all are.