Small

(Munch's POV*)

I sit there, awkwardly in the waiting room. When We tell Carisi to go take a walk, he leaves. We all decide to go to the hospital gift shop, and to rite aid, and walgreens, and CVS. We all bought Maya either stuffed animals, or candy and gift cards.

We sat in the waiting room, we all had either 1 or 2 things to give Maya, then The Chicago Fire Department walks in. They all have things, and then Christopher Herrman, one of my old friends who works as a fire fighter in Chicago, come in and is holding a plaque, it says "toughest 13 year old girl in the world". They all shake our hands and then find seats or stand up. Cars comes back.

He is holding a giant teddy bear. He then sits on the floor next to the teddy bear that is his size.

"Whats his name?" I ask as a joke with a small smile.

He smiles tiredly and pats the bears hand.

"Frank." He smiles. I laugh, so does mostly everyone else who was eavesdropping.

The fire department leaves after and hour. The Fire captain talks to our captain and tells him to call him when Maya wakes up.

After we all are there for at least 7 hours, we all decide to start to talk to each other and brake the tension. All though most of our conversations are about Maya, at least we are talking. Thats what Maya would had wanted us to do.

Then the doctor comes in again after another 3 hours. It is about 11:30 p.m., and we are all so tired, but we aren't going to sleep until we get to see Maya, either asleep or awake.

The doctor stands in the middle off the room. "Are you all here for Maya?" He asks.

We hear a bunch of "yes" "yea" "yup" and "mhh"'s from all around the room.

"Okay, well should i talk to one person only?" he asks.

"You can talk to all of us." I says.

"Okay, well Maya was raped multiple times, and she was raped with multiple different objects. One happens to be a wooden because we pulled out splinters. Also traces of latex and other elements." The doctor says.

We all wince and tears start to fill in my eyes.

"But right now she is stable. She is on a breathing tube and some other machines. But she is stable."

Well all let out a sigh of relief.

"Can we see her?" Carisi asks.

The doctor nods. "Id advise only 1 or 2 people in at a time, we want to let her sleep. She hasnt slept in 2 days, and she hasnt eaten so she is getting liquid food."

"Okay." I stand up. "Carisi come on." I say as we go. Nobody fights because they know we should go first.

Then we go into the room.

She looks so small in the bed.

So small.

You can barely see her.

She is so small.

I have never noticed how small she was.

I sit down and let a tear escape. Then we just watch and wait.