10

"Hey you two," Hoseok says as he enters the music room after a comfortable silence had formed between Yoongi and Aria.

"Hey Hoseok," Yoongi says, sending him a polite smile.

"Did she scare you off yet?" Hoseok jokes and Aria shoots him an annoyed glare that Hoseok ignores.

"Not in the slightest," Yoongi shrugs and Aria turns her gaze to Yoongi, now a different look on her face; one that Yoongi can't quite understand.

"Do you maybe want to have dinner at our place tomorrow evening?" Hoseok says suddenly when he sees the two people in front of him share a glance.

"Um... maybe. Only if Aria thinks it's okay," Yoongi says, raising his eyebrows at Aria.

She looks between the two men for a moment before sighing and nodding.

"Great! You can just follow us back to our apartment after classes are finished," Hoseok says, grinning brightly as he walks over to Aria and takes the cello from her, putting it back into its proper place for her. "Are you ready, Aria?"

She nods again, standing from her chair and grabbing her laptop, sliding it into her backpack. Once Hoseok takes her backpack from her and places it on his shoulder, Aria turns back to Yoongi for a moment and gives him another look that he can't completely comprehend. He has only ever been able to fully read her emotions when she is playing. But when it comes to her facial expressions, the look in her eyes... he's still lost.

"I'll see you in class tomorrow," Yoongi says to Aria and she nods her head before turning and exiting with Hoseok, leaving Yoongi alone in the music room.

Yoongi exhales loudly and turns himself to face the piano again, still caught up in the emotions from the duet he just played with Aria. Maybe after tonight, she will realize that he isn't just some stranger passing by. Yoongi intends on knowing this girl; really, truly knowing her. He can feel how rare and deep this connection is towards her, and he knows he will never experience something like this again. He needs to know her.

He continues to play the piano idly, wondering how dinner with her and Hoseok will turn out tomorrow. Hoseok seems like he truly cares about Aria, and he can feel that he could also form a friendship with Hoseok while he forms a friendship with Aria. He's never known true friendships before; he knows only of the fake, hollow friendships that were set up by his parents. Yoongi was friends with the kids of other important business people, and they were always the same: spoiled, entitled and they all had superiority complexes. They, like Yoongi, also had their futures set up for them, but unlike him, they welcomed it. All they cared for was the money and the status, whereas Yoongi only wished for happiness and freedom.

So when he chose music, all of his "friends" no longer wanted anything to do with him. They couldn't be seen with someone as "lowly" as a musician, but Yoongi couldn't have cared less. He wanted to surround himself with the music, and if the people in his life didn't want to support them, then he didn't want them in his life at all.

But now, there is a possibility of making real friends. The kind of friends that Aria and Hoseok are to each other.

Maybe Yoongi is getting ahead of himself. There is still a chance of Aria pushing Yoongi away, slamming the door in his face and locking it, preventing him from ever entering her life again. But he's going to try anyways. If there is even a chance he can get to know this girl a little better, he will take it. He can't just continue to be a stranger to her. Not when she plays instruments like that. Like an artist; a storyteller.

Yoongi glances down at his watch and realizes that it's getting fairly late, so he'd better head back to his apartment since he has an early morning class tomorrow and he still has some homework that needs to be done.

He silently says goodbye to the piano before standing and grabbing his belongings, getting his car keys out of his bag before making his way out of the music room towards the parking lot.

When Yoongi gets to his car, he sees a note on his windshield. Frowning in confusion, he gets the paper off of his car and unfolds it to see what is on it. It's a note from Hoseok with his number on it and a message saying: "Text me anytime you want to talk. About her, about anything."

Yoongi smiles to himself. He may not have gotten through to Aria just yet, but at least he has made one friend through this. And it feels nice to have someone who seems to want to really be his friend.

Transferring to this college was a fresh start to him. He left behind his insecurity when he came here, determined not to hold himself back any longer. He deserves happiness just as much as everyone else, so that's what he is here to do. To be happy. Truly, selfishly happy. He didn't plan on meeting someone like Aria, but it only makes his journey more worthwhile. If he gets to create genuine friendships along the way to finding his happiness, then he knows that his happiness will only glow brighter at the end of the road. The end of the road where his ultimate goal lies.

His one goal is simple... to be completely happy. To be content in his choices, in his career, in his relationships with those around him. He pushed his uncle away for so long, but that will never happen again. His uncle is who inspired him to become a musician while his parents scolded him for having his own dream instead of following what was expected of him.

But his uncle... he supported Yoongi through whatever he chose to do. Even when he shut his uncle out, he let him have his space and waited patiently until he was ready to come back. And now that he's finally ready to create his own true happiness, nothing and nobody will ever stand in his way again.

Not his parents, not his fake friends... not even he will be able to stand in his own way again.

He won't let himself stay unhappy any longer because he deserves to find his peace.

Yoongi softly smiles to himself. He's finally putting himself first... and he's making friends along the way.