16

The moment Yoongi walks into his uncle's classroom, he can already tell that there has been a significant shift in his and Aria's relationship. When their eyes meet, instead of her looking down at the notebook that she's always writing in, she gives him a bright, toothy smile that nearly floors him. He's become so used to her giving him the cold shoulder that he doesn't know how to process this shift in attitude towards him.

He's thankful that she is finally letting him in, and each morning, he finds that all he can think about is his last class of the day. All he can think about is seeing her again.

"Hey," Yoongi greets Aria as he makes his way to his usual seat, and he notices with a start that Aria's chair is seated a lot closer to his seat than it usually is.

He didn't like to take notice of it, but he has noticed that she usually has her chair scooted as far away from him as she can manage without seeming rude. Yoongi never commented on it and tried not to feel slightly hurt by this gesture, as he figured that it had to do with her not wanting anyone to be close to her, physically or emotionally.

But today, her seat is only about six inches away from Yoongi's, and he can't help but smile to himself at the progress he's making.

A silly thing to be happy about, really, but he can't help but feel over the moon at this.

Aria reaches out and gives his arm a gentle squeeze as her way of a greeting before turning to her open notebook and hastily closing it, placing it back in her bag. After getting out her notebook that she uses for Mr. Min's class, she settles down in her seat and turns to Yoongi, propping her elbow on her desk and resting the side of her face in her hand.

"What?" He asks, an amused expression on his face.

She shrugs and grins again, and Yoongi can feel sparks of electricity travel throughout his body, almost as if her smile is awakening every nerve inside of him, making him more aware of the world around him. The colors are brighter when she smiles.

"Do you have your song finished for the project due on Monday?" Yoongi asks, and she nods before pointing to him.

"I've been working on it at home, but I haven't tried it on the grand piano in the music room yet. I'll probably come tonight and practice it," he explains and Aria nods, listening intently as he continues. "Are you sure about being partners with me for the May concert? We have to give our partner choices to my uncle tomorrow."

She gives him a small smile and nods as Mr. Min walks into the classroom, clearing his throat to signal for the students to cease their conversations so he can begin his lesson.

Yoongi gets his notebook ready to take notes until Aria slowly slides a folded up piece of paper to him.

He glances up at Aria, who is facing towards the teacher. He grabs the small piece of paper and opens it to see a question written down in a delicate handwriting.

Yoongi's heart skips a beat when he reads the simple request.

"Can I come hear you play tonight?"

Yoongi grins so hard that his cheeks begin to hurt. He's never gotten a written note from her before, and it's almost like she's speaking to him.

He scribbles out a "yes" in his own messy handwriting before inconspicuously sliding the paper back to Aria so his uncle doesn't see him passing notes in class.

He sees Aria quickly glance down at the paper before turning to him. He turns to her as well to see her smiling and she gives him a thumbs up before turning back to continue taking notes on the lesson.

Yoongi knows that there's no way he'll be able to focus when the girl next to him is acting so happy instead of being closed off and cautious. It's almost like he's staring at a work of art seated beside him, and he can't take his eyes off of her, even when she glances over at him and blushes when she sees him staring.

Yoongi smirks and looks away after a few more moments, looking down at the notebook splayed open in front of him; the page that should be filled with notes is empty, and he makes a mental note to ask Aria to copy her notes later because he can't bring himself to concentrate on whatever his uncle is saying.

He scribbles down a quick sentence before sliding the paper across the table to Aria, who reads it and instantly blushes and tries to ignore the grinning man sat next to her.

"You look beautiful when you smile like that."

She takes the paper and slides it into her bag before proceeding to ignore Yoongi for the rest of the class, which only makes Yoongi smile even more as he notices the blush refusing to leave her cheeks.

The red color dusting across her face makes her look like a beautiful rose blooming before Yoongi's eyes; her petals slowly stretching out to show her full beauty, not hiding herself away anymore. He can't help but to feel drawn to this beautiful flower, feeling ever so lucky to be able to witness such a beautiful rose such as herself.

As Mr. Min ends his lecture and waves them off, everyone begins to make their way from the classroom. Aria steals a glance at Yoongi, who is still watching her carefully.

"I'm sorry," he says quietly. "I know I keep overstepping boundaries. You just bring out the best of me, I suppose. I can't help but want to show you how wonderful I think you are."

Aria rolls her eyes as she packs her stuff up into her backpack, letting her chair scrape the ground loudly as she stands.

"I'll be in the music room at 9," Yoongi calls after her as she makes her way away from him, and he laughs as she sends him a quick thumbs up without looking back at him.

She really is awful with compliments, but Yoongi won't stop until she starts to believe what he says because flowers need to be watered to fully bloom.

And Aria is the most beautiful rose in Yoongi's eyes.