X

"What are you saying?" I asked confused. He was about to say something but it seems like he noticed something behind me.

I turn around and saw Regan staring right at us. I only looked at him as he take big strides towards us, when he's already in front of us, he pulled me towards him and then he hid me behind his back.

"Your Gra--"

"What are you doing here... Grand Duke." At the end of his word laced bitterness as he utter his title.

"Nothing much, I was just passing by when I saw the beautiful Duchess so I decided to greet her---"

"I believe that you've already done your greeting, I suggest you'd continue on your way now. I heard that the Empress has called for you."

They exchanged glances before the Grand Duke turn to me and gave me a smile. "Well then, the coversation was interesting Duchess. I hope for the next time we meet, you'd be able to tell me why..." I flinched when he gave me a knowing look.

"Have a great day ahead."

He turn around and then walked away from the opposite direction that Regan used. I just looked at his back, suddenly, I saw a faint figure of a man but it vanished quickly. I stumbled back but Regan quickly caught me before I could fall.

"Wife? Are you alright?" He looked at me with worried in his eyes, It's making me uncomfortable as usual.

"I am, but... What are you doing here?" I asked back moving away from him.

"Well, I came to fetch you?"

To fetch me? But he has never done such thing..

I sighed before looking at his pale gold eyes. Those eyes that resembles the bright gold sun in the sky, it was truly mesmerizing.

"But wife, what did you talk about with the Grand Duke?" He asked seriousness laced in his voice.

"Nothing much, we just exchanged greetings." I said nonchalantly.

"I see."

He gently grabbed my arm before lacing them in around his arms. "Shall we head home?" I frowned.

"I was just taking a break from the tea party, I should head back in."

"Oh? But I told my aunt to stop it immediately."

"What?"

"Those ladies dared to insult my wife, I hope that they're not hoping I'll let them off that easy?" He said as if talking to himself.

"You knew?"

"Of course, have you ever not noticed the missing ladies the times you attend social gatherings? Have your eyes see the Madame of Nuñez County?"

Madame Rina of Nuñez County. She was the first woman who bullied me in social gatherings, I didn't noticed that she was missing because I never payed attention to those ladies anyway.

"Let's go home, I'm not feeling good." He escorted me through the way to the carriage until we get to the Duchy.

Right now, we are in the capital because of the wedding 5 months ago. I was rather confused because until then we're not going back to the south.

"When are we going back?" I asked the moment we arrived in the Duchy.

"I plan to stay here in the capital for a few months. I've got important work to do for His Majesty."

I nodded.

I unclasped my hand from his arm but then he didn't let me. I looked at our locked arms and then I looked up at him.

"Do you need something? Duke?"

"A-Ah, I should escort you to your room."

"There's no need to do that."

"I insist wife."

He started to walk so I started walking with the same pace as him. It was rather slow and it seems like he's taking his time to walk? Is he being considerate right now?

Regan is a very tall man, his steps are big compared to mine.. I still remember the time that I'm walking with him back then, he was impatient to be around me so his paced were quick and his strides are big to get far away from me.

But now, it feels like we're walking under the moon...

"We're here. Thank you for dropping me off."

I went in and I was about to close the door but then I noticed him just standing in front of my bedroom door.

"Do you perhaps have something you still need to say?"

I asked, but he just bit his lower lips. It caught my attention. He suddenly grabbed my hand which startled me.

I look into his eyes, I can't forget that look ever, it's the same eyes that looked at me the time we were drugged by the elders.

I was too preoccupied because of his eyes, that I didn't noticed the soft thing that touched my lips. Slowly, passionate and sweetly moving against mine.

It's as if my body remembered how it reacted that night. I snaked my arms around his neck when it became too much for me causing my knees to get weak.

"Uhmp!"

Feeling the soft comforter behind me, he laid me down on my bed. He's looking down at me from the top make it drop.

Feeling the soft comforter behind me, he laid me down on my bed. He's looking down while on top of me, both his arms at the sides of my head.

He buried his head at the crook of my neck, feeling his hot breath against my skin until I felt wet  substance on my neck.

What is this? What's happening to me?

I asked myself when I didn't resisted Regan's touch. Slowly, he undressed me, leaving me in my pure white inner wear.

"Say that you don't want this.." he whispered on my ear, his hands fiddling with the ribbon of my corset.

"Say it so I can stop."

Do I want it? Do I? Oh I'm helpless...

"Don't..."

His hands stopped playing with the ribbons. "Okay, I'm sorry..."

He was about to get off me when I crashed my lips against his, yearning for more intensity. I felt him smiled before deepening the kiss.

His hands were quick to undo the ribbons, it came to loose and my breast bounced from the sudden lack of material that keeps it in place.

"This is crazy..." I muttered...

March 21 2022
LizzannaWrites