S2: XLV

She's wise enough to use her name from her previous life, that way, no one will recognize that she was the one who sent the letter.

I sighed, something will happen, and I'm sure of it.

"Wifey?" I jolted in my seat when Regan appeared at my side.

"You scared me, you should knock you know."

"I did, but then you didn't reply so I went in, I'm sorry."

Sighing, I opened my arms, he grinned, and then he approached me for a tight hug. I was sitting and he was standing as he bend his back to match my height, maybe his back got tired so he pulled me up from the chair.

"You're so beautiful, I love you," he whispered in my ear as he leave his trace on my neck.

"I love you too, but come on we should eat dinner." I giggled when I heard him grunt before stepping away from me.

We were on our way to the children's room when Zehin suddenly called our name from behind. He was gasping for air when he reached me and Regan. 

"What happened." Regan

"It's just the Emperor announced a Hunting Festival."

I saw how Regan frowned, "That old man is crazy..."

"And he requested a meeting first thing in the morning." My husband sighed loudly, I remembered that he promised to the kids that he'll take them out, something he calls men's day.

Zehin turned his head to me, "And Duchess, Marquis Buscher is here to dine with you."

My brows furrowed.

Why is he here?

"Oh, my father-in-law? What a shameless face he has to invite himself for our dinner."

Oh my, I can tell that Regan is extremely pissed right now. He really doesn't like my father but he had to coexist with him because the man that he hated the most is my father, he doesn't have any choice.

Well, it'd be rude if we send him out, yeah sure he was rude first but he is a Marquis, a rank below a Duke.

"I see, let's go Regan."

I knew how disappointed Regan was, but what can we do about that man? Also, this is the first time that he visited us after our marriage three years ago.

Or maybe this is the first time that I see him after three years, Regan works in the Imperial palace, he's the Empire's General and my father is one of the ministers that sides with the Astaseuls.

Bizeviron was naturally neutral, that is until Empress Teyla rose into position.

When we arrived, we heard some voices inside, I immediately opened the door and saw my father standing behind my sons.

"Even though you're my daughter's biological child, you're such a disappointment to befriend a lowly thing like that boy."

I can feel my blood rushing to my fist, although he is my father by flesh and body, he is not my father by heart and soul. That is why I badly want to stick my fist in his face right now.

Calix was quiet and he doesn't have any expression on his face, however, Derrick's eyes were glaring at my father.

"What do you think you're doing, father?"

Although I have expected him to be fazed or maybe show some delicacy. He just glared at me and then turned back his head to Derrick.

"Perhaps you take after your mother who did nothing but disappoint me."

I sensed Regan trembling behind me, I held his hands to calm him down but he kept on trembling, trying his best to keep his hands to himself.

On the other hand, my father just clicked his tongue and then he sat on the chair on the left, beside him is where Regan sat.

"Mother, this man introduced himself as our grandfather."

"I am only Derrick's grandfather. You have no grandfather brat."

With that, the last bits of my patience disappeared. I slammed my hand on top of the table which made my father jolt in his chair.

"Leave..."

He snorted and then looked at me mockingly. "You ungrateful bitch, how dare you to treat me like that? Just because you gave birth to that thing?"

"I will not  repeat myself, Marquis Buscher, leave or I will drag you out of the mansion."

"As if you can do that! I am a Marquis and you can't treat me like that!"

I felt Regan's hand on top of my right shoulder, I looked back and his usually bright golden eyes has an unusual darkness in them.

"Believe me, I can..." It was Regan, his voice was cold without a trace of any emotion as he stare at my father as if he was nothing significant at all.

"Hakeem."

From the dark corner of the dining room, a dark shadow was slowly making a figure of a man, I quickly went to the side where my son is without breaking eye contact with that mystery figure.

"Master."

"Drag that man out... politely."

"Your wish is my command..."

The man dressed in all black disappeared from the corner, I frowned when I can't locate him inside the room, however, it was short-lived when suddenly, my father screamed in pain.

"AHHH!!! Let go of me you punk! Cressida! get this man off me!"

The man whose name is Hakeem was pressing both of my father's arms behind his back with one arm, the other one was holding his neck down on the dining table. I can see a few bits of tears forming from the corner of my father's eyes, but that didn't make me feel anything at all.

Deep inside me, it says that he deserves to be pinned down like that. Or he deserves more than that...

"Get that pig out of here."

"I understand."

Hakeem loosened his grip on my father's arms but he quickly grabbed the back of his collar before slamming him down on the ground. That made my father speechless for a second, he only shouted when he was being dragged out of the dining room by his back collar.

"You dammed woman! You will absolutely pay for this you hear me!? I will fucking make you regret your decisions! They are near! I will make them ruin you---HMMMPPPFFF"

Hakeem gagged his mouth with a cloth from the maid that is wiping down the floor. And with that, the dining room is peaceful again. However, I can't make myself calm after hearing that man threatening me.

'Them? Who are they?'

It seems like Regan noticed my baffled expression that he suddenly hugged me from the side.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course, kids? Are you alright?"

Both of them gave me a reassuring smile, it seems like they didn't pay that much attention to the Marquis, I'm glad.

"Let's eat."

As we eat our dinner, my eyes wandered to Calix, my eyes widened when I saw how different he looks as he stare at the meal in front of him. His eyes contains nothing, his face was emotionless. He doesn't even notice Derrick tugging the cuff of his shirt.

He was lost in his thoughts...

A/N: It's been so long, hope y'all doing well

Unedited

August 27, 2022

LizzannaWrites