S2: XLVIII

"Hakeem."

A shadow emerge from the dark corners of my room.

"Master..."

"I'm sure you know everything about Czarina Burks."

"Yes." I turn around and faced him.

"Kill her... I want her head as soon as possible..."

Hakeem nodded and disappeared in the shadows. I sighed and felt anxious again when I remembered what happened the other day...

"Ahh... My Duke..."

That voice. It's definitely that woman's. I can never forget the voice that endangered my wife and son's life.

For sure... I'm going to kill her...

The day when the Azalais' delegation arrival have come, and the whole Empire is celebrating a long festivity for the strong alliance between the two Empires.

It was unusually rowdy for a welcome party, it was like a festival whenever the Empire holds it's Foundation day.

No... In fact, it was much more extravagant than the Empire's Foundation day...

As I fix my attire, the door of my office creaked open, making me turn my head to that direction.

"You're looking good."

It's my wife, Cressida.

"I don't want to go..." I whined and gathered her in my arms and inhaled her calming scent.

"Who would be our representative then?" She asked and set her chin on my chest, her arms are still around my waist.

"No one, I don't care about Azalais anyway."

"Don't be like that."

"It's true, don't you know that perhaps, they're plotting something against our Empire?"

"That can't be, the Empress dowager was their Princess."

"Yeah, and the deceased Empress, Empress Ramona is a distant relative of a noble in Azalais."

Cressida frowned. Of course she wouldn't know this, Astaseuls came from Azalais, however their family migrated here in the Empire for unknown reasons. They bought a title and soon enough they got their current title when Empress Ramona rose into her position as Empress.

"Azalais had been trying to keep their blood running in the royal family, they might've been disappointed when Calix disappeared and the Princess remained."

Why would Azalais want a Princess, soon to be sold off to another country? Perhaps the Emperor would marry her off to some of his noble faction. That man doesn't even bother to search and care for his own son Calix, let alone care for his daughter.

"I miss my friends, they told me that they will be present at the palace."

I sighed and looked calmly at my beautiful wife.

I probably should tell her.

"That woman might be here in the Empire..."

I was expecting that she'll get angry or perhaps surprised, however, Cressida just showed nothing. It was as if she was expecting it.