XLIII

I watch his retreating back.

This is the first time I initiated it and I'm embarrassed...

Perhaps did I do it wrong? Does he still not accept my apology? But he kissed me back though?

I was deep in thoughts as I stare at his laying figure on the massive bed.

Or maybe he's tired and he doesn't have the energy to do it? Wait wait wait! I'm not really looking forward to 'it' but...

Sighing, I walked towards the bed and straddled him.

"C-Cressida?!"

"Don't you want it?" I asked, he covered his face with his hands, hiding his face from me.

I look like I'm harassing him.

"It's not that---"

"Then you haven't accepted my apology?"

"It's not that also, I am the one who's asking for forgiveness---"

"Then I'm not attractive right now right? I'm sure that I look fat because I gained weight!"

"Wife that's not it---"

"Then why! Don't you love me?"

"Oh geez!"

He suddenly grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me closer to him before switching our position.

"Let me finish my sentence first will you?"

I was in a state of shock so I could only nod at him. He sighed loudly before looking into my eyes.

"I don't want to do it because you still need time to rest and heal your body, I don't want to do it until you're fully healed. It's not because I haven't forgive you, I will never be mad at you ever again, it's not because you're ugly, you're the only woman that my eyes will feast on forever, and I will love only you as long as I live, got that?"

I nodded, he sighed again before kissing me on my forehead.

"Now sleep."

He lay down beside me, and he pulled my waist towards him that made our body feel its warmth.

"Regan?"

"Hmm?" He answered with his eyes closed.

"Do you want a daughter?"

"No." That was an immediate answer. He sounds like he hated the idea of having another child.

"But back then you envied my sister for having a daughter?"

"I changed my mind, I'm fine with the little devil and Calix."

I felt his hands tremble on my waist. It's as if he's scared.

"Why?"

He opened his eyes and frowned at me. "Just sleep Cressida."

"Are you afraid?" He nodded.

"Please don't put me in that kind of situation again wife..."

"But the physician haven't said anything regarding if it'll be difficult for me to have a child again."

"That's not the point Cressida. Of course I want to have a children with you, if everything was fine I would even ask you how many, but I am in no position to ask that. I'm worried about you. And you just gave birth, I'll consider having a child for the next ten years."

Well he's right...

Next ten years? I'll be over 30 that time... But it's not like I want to get pregnant again. It hurts so much but it feels fulfilling.

With that, I didn't bother him again. Atleast we cleared up the misunderstanding right.

I wasn't considerate enough when I was the one who put him in such a difficult situation.

And because of that he fears that something will happen to me once I got pregnant again...

With a sigh I closed my eyes and slept beside him.

And I completely forgotten my two sons sleeping by themselves...

The moment I opened my eyes, I remembered Calix who sleeps beside Derrick. I immediately jumped out of the bed waking up my husband.

"W-ife?" He moaned.

Though I didn't mind him and put my robe on before dashing out of the bedroom. The maids were looking at me as I run through the hallways.

When I reached Calix's room. I heard him giggling.

"I'm your big brother! Nice to meet you!"

I slowly opened the door so I wouldn't disturb them.

There I saw Calix lying on his stomach and he's staring at his little brother.

"Though I am not your real brother, but I could always be your brother! I don't really get what I said but I am your brother either ways."

The little baby just giggled and wriggle his arms towards Calix's face.

"You're so pretty like mom! And so handsome like dad!"

I cleared my throat and fully went inside, catching Calix's attention.

"Mom! The baby slept beside me! When I woke up he's here!"

"Yes, I see. Neither of you fell off the bed?" A/N; ah, I don't know if I'm correct here *thanks for the correction*

He shook his head before answering. "No, I woke up really early because the baby cried. Since I don't want to disturb anyone, I tap his bottom like what you always do to make him sleep."

I felt warmth inside my heart. Calix is just turning five in three months, but he's already this matured to care for his brother.

I smiled at him before patting his head.

"Thank you."

He beamed at me before hugging my waist. Suddenly, the door creaked. When I turn around, I saw Regan leaning his body on the door frame.

"I feel left out." He pouted. I laughed at him then I opened my arms for him. He immediately hug me with Calix, perhaps our giggles were too loud that Derrick suddenly cried.

Regan went to the other side of the bed to get Derrick and then he returned to my side.

"The little devil was left out aswell just like dad aren't you?"

"Unnyaa!"

The whole room was filled with laughter. It was as if nothing bad happened. It was peaceful and the exact scene that Cressida have pictured herself in, inside her mind.

My Family.

The Bizeviron Duchy was filled with laughter for the time being, unaware of those people who wanted to bring their downfall behind their backs...

"That vile woman... This is my world! She's just an extra like me!? And he's supposed to be mine! How... How come I ended up in this place!"

Czarina was covered in dirt as she look at her surroundings. Gone in her eyes the innocence of a pure elegant noble lady.

"I cannot accept this... I'm gonna kill her... I'm gonna fucking kill her!" She was like someone who's completely out of her mind as she tremble and nibble her nails. If anyone saw her like this she would be called crazy.

As she's lost in her own world muttering and talking to herself.

Dark mist began to form in front of her eyes, thus a voice was heard in her cell.

"Do you need help?"

End

Unedited
August 12, 2022
LizzannaWrites