XXVI

"Well? I think you're forgetting something dear husband."

It's already night and my husband is sitting on the sofa while reading a book, or should I say pretending to read a book?

It's my romance novel that I asked Jennie to get in the Library, but seeing that he's reading it, it's just so impossible to imagine!

Also, he's holding the book upside down...

"Wife, it's dangerous to be inside of the palace, also, I don't want you meeting a dangerous stranger in the empress' garden again."

"What? when did I?" I fumed in anger how dare he!

"Ugh anyway, it's dangerous for you now that your due date is nearing."

My head throbbed, how can he decline his own Aunt's invitation? Goodness...

"It's Her Majesty, this Empire's Moon we're talking about Regan, your Aunt."

I even did hand gestures so he could understand me if ever he couldn't.

"Yes wife, I am well aware of that," he answered nonchalantly. I glared at him, I was about to stomp my left foot when he suddenly shouted.

"No!"

In the end I calmly set my foot on the ground. He heaved a sigh of relief. Regan extremely hates it when I'm stomping my feet.

He believes that if I do that, the baby will suddenly come out of me which I found hilarious. I'm tight so my baby won't easily get out like that.

I left the room and went to Calix. I am sure that he's already sleeping as of this hour. I won't share the bed with Regan, he's so annoying, taking someone else's letter! Tsk!

Climbing up on the bed carefully before laying beside my peacefully sleeping son. He has this small frown on his face.

When he suddenly ran away earlier in the party, I was extremely worried for him. I know that he must be thinking that he broke some sort of promise to me, since he promised me that he'll introduce his first ever friend.

I sighed and caressed his face. The frown on his face instantly vanished and his face relaxed. That made me smile.

Even though I wanted to hug him, I can't!!!

My angel, I hope to see you soon so we could play with your older brother, I'm sure he's excited to see and play with you aswell.

I held Calix's hands, making sure that we have enough space between us for the baby, with that, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Unaware of what's happening to her surroundings, Cressida didn't noticed that Regan followed her to their son's room when he thought that she was taking too long.

Regan was just standing still while his back leaning on the door frame of their son's bedroom. His eyes contains happiness as he watches the three sleep peacefully.

He went to the other side of the bed where Cressida is sleeping. He carefully lifted the comforter before going in.

Even though the bed was for atleast 6 people, he fears that his wife would toss and turn and she would end up at the edge of the bed, that is why he chose to sleep at her side.

When he successfully lay beside his wife, the corner of his mouth pulled up and he lightly chuckled.

He was well aware that his wife did this to avoid him. Actually, he wanted to talk with Cressida to sort things up because he absolutely despise the idea of his wife meeting the Grand Duke, so he intended to propose that he'll be present at the day of tea time with his Aunt, but before he could do so, his beautiful wife had already left him alone in there bedroom.

Gently, he lightly put his hands on top of Cressida's bump, expecting that the baby would greet him, but it seems like the little devil was sleeping well like his mother.

He just sighed and sit up before bending his head towards his wife's side stomach and giving it a kiss.

"Goodnight little devil." He whispered, like a miracle the baby kicked the part where his hand's at. He felt an unfamiliar thing inside his chest, it was tingly and light, it was not uncomfortable, he was full of joy and relief at this moment.

The next thing is he lay again beside Cressida before kissing her exposed shoulder. He couldn't contain himself and he repeatedly kiss his wife's shoulder.

It was at this moment when Cressida's shoulder suddenly swing backwards hitting Regan's nose and lips, he was a little bit shock. When he checked if his wife was awake, but she was still sleeping soundly with a frown on her face.

It turns out that Cressida's body must've responded to a mosquito bites or maybe his kisses were mistaken as an insect crawling on Cressida's body, that must've been her body's reaction when she's asleep.

"Yes, that must be it." He even nodded as he convinced himself.

He lay again beside her but this time, he closed his eyes and waited for his consciousness to sleep. At the same time Cressida opened her eyes and turn to look beside her. She glared at her husband before turning away and she closed her eyes as well.

How dare you start it when a child is just right in front of us? Geez!

And that night, Cressida slept while repeatedly thinking that Regan should never step a foot in her bedroom starting tomorrow.

"All done Madam!"

Cressida looked at herself in the mirror, he eyes shone brightly because of the light's reflection coming from the huge window of her bedroom.

Today, she will attend the tea party hosted by the Empress. Regan gave back her letter and he apologizes immediately earlier, he also said that he'll be her escort, she refused but knowing her husband, he's stubborn like a mule.

"Thank you Jennie!"

She's wearing a refreshing colour of green gown, the design of the dress was embroidered flowery pattern and it's an off shoulder gown.

"You're so beautiful Madam!" She can only smile at her maid before deciding to go down and meet her waiting husband. When she arrived at the end of the hallway, she saw Regan casually fixing his tie.

Ohh what a nice scene to see, no wonder Derrick would have lots of ladies flirting with him, it's all because of this man's good genes.

"Wife!"

She snapped out from her thought before smiling at Regan. "I thought we'd meet at the front door?"

"No, you're pregnant. You might trip while walking."

Her face heated up and her heart thumped.

When they arrived at the front door ready to leave, they heard a commotion from upstairs, there they say Calix quickly running towards them.

"Mom! Don't leave me!"

June 30 2022
LizzannaWrites