XXXVIII

"Mommy!"

I looked around to find whose voice is it. But I found no one in this vast field of daisies...

'Where am I?'

"Mommy!"

Turning around, I found a boy with white hair and pale golden eyes. It's familiar but I can't put my finger on it...

"Child, are you lost?" I asked but the boy just smiled at me before hugging me.

His warmth was transferred to me and it feels so comfortable like the gentle rays of sunlight.

"I love you mommy, thank you." For some reason I just found myself crying.

"Huh?"

"Thank you for holding onto me mommy. Please wake up soon and make daddy happy again."

"D-Derrick?"

He just smiled.

"I will protect you, so you don't need to worry at all mommy! Hihi!"

Before I could touch him again he suddenly ran away from me.

"Wait! Derrick! My baby! Please come back to mommy! Please!"

The world full of daisies crumbled down, then I was suddenly sucked into the abyss...

"*Gasped!*"

I opened my eyes, the familiar ceiling of my room greeted me.

Suddenly I hear a sound of a vase shattering.

"M-Madame!?" I turn my head to my side and saw Jennie with her eyes wide open.

"I-Is this a dream? Madame has finally opened her eyes?" I smiled, I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

I mouthed to her that I need a pen and paper, thankfully she understood it and she went away to get it.

[How long has I've been unconscious?]

"The madam has been unconscious for almost three weeks."

Three weeks?!

[Then, my child? Where is he?]

Jennie's body trembled as she stared at the words that I wrote on the paper. She just looked down but she didn't said anything.

No...

This is not happening...

"W-Where is R-Regan?"

"H-He's in the room that both of you used together."

I didn't care if I have strength in my legs or not, I don't care if I crawl just to get there myself.

"M-Madame please don't be like this!"

"I-I n-need to g-go!"

Maybe because she's so worried, she lift me up and assisted me to walk. When we arrived in front of the room. I let her hands go and went inside myself.

There inside, I saw Regan standing in front of the window.

He looked back and his eyes widened when he saw me.

"Cressi--"

Before he could finish my name I fell down when I ran to him.

Now the scene was me on my knees in front of him. Tears started to come out of my eyes.