XXXVI

We're in the carriage, and Regan is still staring at me though I did my best to avoid his eyes. He's getting in my nerves...

"Wife? Why're you sulking?" He asked in the midst of silence.

"Sulking? What are you talking about?"

"Is it about the shawl?"

"What's about the shawl? It's just a shawl, nothing to sulk about it."

"*Sigh* I just fear that you'll get cold."

I looked at him, when his eyes met mine, I immediately rolled my eyes. Suddenly he crouch before sitting beside me.

"You're extremely stunning wife."

I looked at him "Really?"

He immediately laughed, it feels like I have been baited for some reason.

"I knew that this is all about that!" He's still laughing.

As of this moment I want to put a duct tape on his mouth and throw him out of the carriage.

"My wife, don't be mad if I don't often say that you're beautiful--"

"You never said that I'm beautiful to begin with." He giggled, I grabbed his hair and gently shook it.

"Ahh! My hair! When I put a lot of effort to style it..."

It made me giggle and look at his hair. His long bangs were slicked back a few moments ago but now there's a few of his hair that's starting to stand out.

"Haha."

I made him face me and I combed his hair using my fingers, though it can't be the slicked back hair that he has earlier, but slicked back hair with few loose hair on his face looks hot on him.

"You don't look bad yourself huh?" I tease which he just chuckled on.

"Okay! Starting from now on, I will never forget to tell you that you are the most beautiful lady that my eyes had laid on."

Tss

"A playboy line, just come back again when you agree to be blindfolded all your life."

"Why? What's the blindfold for?"

I smiled "So you won't be able to look at any lady."

"Hmm okay, sure, when will it start?"

"What?? Then what about your Duties as a Duke?"

"Oh? That? Well... I can't let Zehin read out the documents for me since there are things that is confidential... So as my wife, I allow you to help me."

I shook my head.

"I don't actually care if I'm the most beautiful woman in your eyes afterall."

He just laughed and cuddled with me. Soon after the coachman informed us that we have arrived in the Imperial palace.

Carriages after carriages were lined up through the Palace gates. Though I am quite fascinated of the fact that those carriages cleared the path for our carriage to pass through.

"Eh? Isn't this kind of abusing power?" I murmured.

"Oh my wife it's not." He said as he grope my waist.

The carriage halted, it was Regan who came out first before extending both of his hand to me.

"Come on, you can do it."

God! He looks like he's talking to a baby who's just beginning to learn how to walk!

I groaned but took both of his hands in mine. Carefully, I descended down the carriage, safely.